Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC question

I know this is going to sound silly, but what is the key to learning with IC.
I know to read the explanations, but how do I know if I've just memorized what answer goes where, or if I've really learned the info????
This is my first test using basically ONLY IC.. it's fundamentals of counseling. and i have 2 days left to study.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
English Comp w/ essay, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Social Science& Hist., College Math, Info Systems, Nat. Sciences, English Lit, American Lit, Psychology, Ed Psychology, Hum Growth & Dev., SpanishII, Marketing, Managment, and Biology, US history I,
Dantes 12 Credits
Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Org Behavior, Gen Anthropology, Fudamentals of Counseling.
Up Coming tests-
Teceps
Social Psychology, Psychology of Personality.
Mattie,
I know exactly what mean, I thought the very thing when I started using IC, but you will be amazed just how much you learn by memorizing those answers.

The best way to do is to make sure you also read what's below the answers and understand it, Many Exam question consists of the explainations given below the answer.

To test your know take the Peterson Free prep Exam for the Exam you will be taking, no only will you learn more there, but you will spot which areas you need to polish up.

Here is the Website

http://www.guidancenet.com/TestPrep/code/bcaflame.asp

I'll do my best! To my knowledge there isn't a petersons test for counseling.. it's a dantes exam. Is there a dantes practice test site for free?

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
English Comp w/ essay, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Social Science& Hist., College Math, Info Systems, Nat. Sciences, English Lit, American Lit, Psychology, Ed Psychology, Hum Growth & Dev., SpanishII, Marketing, Managment, and Biology, US history I,
Dantes 12 Credits
Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Org Behavior, Gen Anthropology, Fudamentals of Counseling.
Up Coming tests-
Teceps
mattie Wrote:

[SIZE="2"]The 4-R's hold the key to the secret of IC! Rolleyes [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
There's a practice test, but it's not free at getcollegecredit.com. Fundamentals of Counseling is a pretty straightforward test if you know the material. One way of checking yourself is to randomize the questions, so that you're looking at them in a different order - and if you've memorized the information, you should have no trouble at all.
Someone had told me that Counseling has a lot of scenario based questions. If this is your first exam, I would highly recommend purchasing the sample test from getcollegecredit.com . It'll help you to get ready for the format of the test and could boost your score by a few points.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
mattie Wrote:
I know to read the explanations, but how do I know if I've just memorized what answer goes where, or if I've really learned the info????
This is my first test using basically ONLY IC.. it's fundamentals of counseling. and i have 2 days left to study.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

I remember Snazzlefrag made an excellent post on how to study using IC.
A list of ten as I recall. Does anyone remember where this is so that it can be reposted? I know it helped me alot.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Here is Snazzlefrag's 10 Step Program

snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi Tristan,

Welcome to the board.

Here's my 10 Step Program for passing an exam:

1. Research the exam. How many questions, what is covered on it, time limit, paper-based or computer-based, minimum passing score, graded or pass/fail, score needed to get an 'A' (if applicable) etc.

2. Read (or ask for) feedback from other people who have already passed the exam. Was it easy, was it hard, what areas to focus my studies on, which materials they found useful etc.

3. Gather together everything I will be using to study. This might include: Instantcert, study guides, pdf files, web site links etc.

4. Read a good overview of the subject. Wikipedia.com is often good for this, or I might read a study guide, or a web site etc.

5. Go through Instantcert and make my own notes. I find that WRITING the information down in my own words helps me to remember it.

6. Keep going through Instantcert until I feel comfortable with the majority of the material. This involves actually understanding the concepts/explanations rather than merely memorizing which words go in the blank spaces.

7. Fill in any gaps in my notes. There may be a topic that is not covered in Instantcert, or that is not covered deeply enough for my liking.

8. Study from my notes. Memorize wherever possible.

9. Take a mock test or two (admittedly at this this stage, I can more or less tell whether I am ready for the exam without having to take a mock).

10. Take and pass the actual exam!

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
Don G. -Atlanta, GA
A.S. Liberal Arts , Excelsior College,3/2007
B.S. Business, Excelsior College,"On the Way"

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will"
--Dr. Robert Anthony

Thanks everyone. I think i've done most everything recommended, my test is tommorow; so, we'll see how it goes.!

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
Dantes 12 Credits
Up Coming tests-
Teceps

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,160 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,335 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 614 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 549 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 734 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,200 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 978 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 826 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,437 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,144 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore