Poll: Which version of the IC Flash Cards do you prefer?
This poll is closed.
I like the new cards better
19.35%
6 19.35%
I like the old cards better
38.71%
12 38.71%
I like them both
32.26%
10 32.26%
I like neither
9.68%
3 9.68%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC Flashcard Version Poll
There seems to be sporadic discussions and/or comments throughout the forums concerning the different methods of IC cards, specifically V2, and I was wondering if someone with the know how to do so could create a thread with some type of a survey where people choose which IC study cards they prefer to study and perhaps why.

For example, do you prefer the originals, V2, if object to V2 why, takes too long, don't like voice, do like voice (for those audio learners who want them), and perhaps something on the line of would IC subscribers like to be able to chose which format in the future.....user's choice, so to speak.

Any other ideas of course would be helpful. Hopefully someone can come up with this. Then perhaps the Web Master may be able to see a more comprehensive summary of what we the users think.

Thanks,

Judy
I'll give you my two cents. I started studying last night for West Civ I using the V2 format. Let me say I hate it. I don't learn by listening. I learn by reading and taking notes or reading flashcards incessantly. The voice was hard to understand for large or non-English words and it was WAYYYYY too slow. I turned off the audio and just tried to use the flashcards but I couldn't get past how slow it was and how much information I need to cover. I'm just going to study the REA book and a textbook, then maybe come back to IC if I have time (doubtful though). Bummer since I'm paying for the service and it served me quite well for the Humanities test....

Orange Coast College- Gen Ed (26)
Spanish AP (8)

Humanities- 73/50
Analyzing Lit- 67/50
English Lit- 64/50
American Lit-66/50
World Civ I- 58/50

US History I- 9/09
GRE Psychology???

and many more...

Hoping to earn B.S. Psychology (EC) by June 2010
Someone asked about starting a survey in order to compare people's feelings towards the old and new versions of the Instant Cert Flashcards.

Feel free to (courteously) describe why you voted the way you did. Big Grin

I have not used the V2 cards yet. Maybe I'll check them out tomorrow.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
So far none of the tests I need have been converted to V2. On one hand, that's OK because it means Steve will perfect it before I have to use it Wink

On the other hand I may be done with testing by the end of September Big Grin

I tried V2 just for a look. Why does it keep pestering me to choose audio between questions? That's annoying. The bookmarking and card grouping features are good. The audio I can take or leave. Moving the blanks is good. Adding more content may be the best thing about the new cards. The software counted "central" (as in government) wrong in favor of "centralized" which is one of the most troubling things about the old cards.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
for starting this poll.

I prefer version 1, as I am a speed reader and can grasp concepts quickly. I find V2 to take at least twice as long to, and in some cases took me 3 times as long to complete.

Every time you sign on to a new set of cards, you have to spend time trying to get the setup to where you can cut down on some of the time.

Although I understand that others, especially auditory learners, may find V2 to be beneficial, can we please have an option of the simpler first version, if we so choose?
Audio is killing me in the v2 cards. Wish there was an option to turn it off so I can get ready for my western civ I test faster.

I used adBlock plus (firefox extension) and blocked the audio player but is still requires a bit to click through.
I haven't taken an exam that used V2 yet but I have looked at them and I was studying for one that used V2. I don't like the audio, works for some people but not me. I also don't like the length that it takes to get through them all. I like how you can bookmark but other than that the Old ones ROCK! Except they aren't updated with more content like the V2 cards.
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
I didn't get a chance to use V2, but I did go look at it out of curiosity. It seems like a great step in the right direction. Perhaps in the future a slicker user interface for what options you wnat to use and which you do not, but overall I thought it looked very good.
Joe

Excelsior BSB Aug 21, 2009
if the questions on the tests have multiple choice answers, why do the flashcards not have multiple choice answers? this is frustrating trying to do the flashcards and not having correct answers. I think that I could learn faster if they gave multiple choice to the questions. these flashcards are bulls**t. they take too dang long to move to the next one.
i dont really like the idea of the "flash cards" since I cannot learn from that. I would perfer if instant cert had a study guide option that just lists all the questions with the detailed explanations on one page. That would be much easier and faster for me to study and understand the concepts instead of clicking through each individual card and reading the description

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for... Mac Juli 7 833 09-01-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Mac Juli
  Which essay sounds better? ChatGPT A or a Paraphrased version B? bjcheung77 5 750 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,167 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Majority Support Banning the Consideration of Race During College Admissions: Poll LevelUP 18 1,474 10-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  College Composition CLEP & *NEW* MLA Citation Formatting - What version? greencouch 2 3,245 06-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: greencouch
  Alternative Options for Credit - Which one is more popular and recommended? POLL bjcheung77 13 1,893 07-25-2016, 06:31 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Flashcard & Testing Question szumanski007 1 601 09-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  CLEP - College Composition Modular - Need help on Flashcard set carusoweddings 1 474 03-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Back2College2014
  Poll question - pass rate among members cookderosa 94 17,732 02-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  POLL: how many exam credits makes up your bachelor's degree? cookderosa 26 1,872 10-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Last Post: smf6824