Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm wearing thin
I failed the Weather and Climate ECE today. I'm so angry with myself. But studying from a book with no additional resources sucks! I wish there was a simple study guide for it! There were more formulas than I could remember, and there were a LOT of confusing questions.

I'm attempting ONE more science exam. ONE more. I'm thinking Earth Science ECE, but it seems very similar to Geology. Am I right? I really really want to graduate in June and I'm on a TIGHT deadline. From what I read on these forums, the Astronomy exam is different and the study guides don't really help. Science of Nutrition ECE won't be accepted as a science class by my school.

Someone help me!!!!!

Bio CLEP-Pass
Here's to Your Health DSST-Pass
Natural Science CLEP- Fail
Weather and Climate- Fail
Environment and Humanity DSST- Fail
I'm looking at your signature, and that is a lot of money down the drain. Did you ever look into self-paced courses? Does your school accept ACE credits in general?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
No, unfortunately, they will ONLY accept the tests, no self paced courses, even if they are ACE approved.

Luckily, I'm using an excess of financial aid to pay for the exams, so money isn't an issue. Time is.
I'm kind of confused as to what you are looking for the members here to help you with. What do you need exactly? Do you need us to tell you which test you can pass? Only you can determine that. Sounds like you are asking if it is okay for you to take Earth Science. Your school is the only entity that can tell you whether or not that's okay. You need to contact them about it. There is some overlap between Geology and Earth Science, but Earth Science tends to be broader and more interdisciplinary. But, again, your school needs to make that call. You could also try the Physics or Chemistry CLEP, but if you're having trouble with formulas, that probably is not going to work.

It sounds like you're letting the pressure of this deadline trip you up. I don't know if it is just self-imposed or what, but if you don't give yourself enough time to study for these tests then you are going to continue failing. I'm feeling the pressure to graduate soon, too. But if those fails teach you anything it's that you need to take a step back and reevaluate your timeline. Even if just for a semester. CBEs aren't necessarily the easy way out for everyone. Give yourself time to prepare.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
What about Science of Nutrition (TECEP BIO-208 or UExcel SCIX-259)? There might be some overlap with Here's to Your Health.

Just FYI: The UExcel version says that "Effective June 1, 2014, the Science of Nutrition exam does not meet the Natural Sciences & Mathematics degree requirements at Excelsior College. The credits from this exam can be use to meet Applied Professional or Elective degree requirements." This would not necessarily apply to your school though.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
you only decided to take this exam 12 days ago

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post182903

would it really have been so bad to have spent 4 weeks studying the subject ?

if you really want to graduate by June then you should sit down and study and stop rushing

if you take your next test on April 21, that gives you 5 weeks to study

and April 21 seems like it's enough time to get all the grades in and graduate by June

uexcel Earth Science
Excelsior College | Earth Science

https://my.excelsior.edu/documents/78666...910f663226

maybe these videos will help
scroll down to the video titles and click on the VoD icon

Resource: Earth Revealed

Resource: Planet Earth

Resource: The Habitable Planet: A Systems Approach to Environmental Science

and there's a couple of decent books

http://www.amazon.com/Geology-Self-Teach...th+science

Amazon.com: Earth Science Demystified (0639785508250): Linda Williams: Books

it looks like a difficult subject, but totally doable
zmama32 Wrote:No, unfortunately, they will ONLY accept the tests, no self paced courses, even if they are ACE approved.

Luckily, I'm using an excess of financial aid to pay for the exams, so money isn't an issue. Time is.

There are also self-paced courses at regionally-accredited schools. I forget all of the popular ones, but CSU Pueblo, Louisiana State University, BYU, University of Idaho, and Adams State University seem to be popular here.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:There are also self-paced courses at regionally-accredited schools. I forget all of the popular ones, but CSU Pueblo, Louisiana State University, BYU, University of Idaho, and Adams State University seem to be popular here.

Even if you took a summer course through New Mexico Junior College or Clovis Community College, it would be 8 weeks, SUPER CHEAP, you would have instructor help for stuff you didn't understand, and they are pretty easy from my experience. My Biology from Clovis was extremely painless.

Yeah, that would put you past a Summer graduation, but at least it would put your mind at ease and you could potentially get the credit you need. If you can't learn to adapt to changing circumstances you'll be destined for a life of disappointment and stress induced illnesses.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
For ECE's with not a lot of specific feedback floating around I have had success by:
  • Getting the official textbook for the course and reading it cover to cover.
  • While reading, have the course content guide topics in mind and highlight things here and there during your reading that "feel" applicable
  • Make notecards for what you highlighted.
  • Take the ECE practice exams and make notecards for any wrong answers and any answers (right or wrong) that you don't grasp the concept completely
  • Youll notice every Exam, although theres a ton of info, there are a few "main themes" that re-occur a lot - Watch Videos on those themes. For example, on World Population, the themes that stood out in my readings were Malthus, The Great Leap Forward and immigration - I went on youtube and watched videos on these topics (it paid off).
  • I also then went back and made note cards on every chapter of the book's "chapter summary" which is like a recap at the end of each chapter
  • Studied all made notecards until I mastered them
  • Re-took ECE practice tests and then only focused on wrong answers..

Don't take these tests for granted, UExcels are difficult and they aren't cheap IMO. I needed an A on World Population so I spent 3 solid weeks doing the above mentioned things.
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
Thank you for that. There really isn't a lot of feedback floating around, and I didn't know how to approach the exam.

It turns out that my advisor is re-evaluating my transcript and seeing if a switch the new Pathways requirements would work in my favor, since I have (including this semester) 117 credits, and need 120 to graduate. If so, I would be able to take an elective exam instead of science. I work REALLY well with humanities, english, etc. So fingers crossed! She also advised me to send in the Graduation application anyway, since I am currently taking 4 classes those would be counted as "pending credits" and the last class would be counted as that also.