Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just signed up with instantcert!
Hello Guys ,
After reading these boards for about 3 weeks I decided to signed up. I am registered to take Here's to your health at my college on April 24th. I have a few questions.

First is it possible to print the flash cards to read when off line? Also there were a couple areas I could select to be tested on but I had no idea what to check off. How do you decide what to study?. I read the feedback from others who took the exam and wanted to study the areas they were tested on but i didn't see those questions.

Please help me I want to pass this test. I will be taking other exams in the near future.

Thank You!
juliet
You can copy and paste the questions right into WORD and print them off....I've done that a few times on some stuff I was really having trouble with.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as far as "a couple areas you could select to be tested on." Are you talking about the various sections of questions on InstantCert?

I have not taken this particular exam, but I would strongly recommend that you go through ALL the sections on InstantCert about 3-4 times each, reading all of the information every time. That's been my approach and it has always worked very well for me. Usually all of the general topic areas covered on InstantCert will be on the real exam, so it's useful to go through all of it. Although if you find that there's a section of questions that covers stuff you're completely familiar with, you don't have to do it again, of course.
Usually IC will not cover the subject at a 100% level, instead it will usually have enough information to pass comfortably. Many of the points mentioned in the feedback may not actually be in the IC material, but can be easily googled out .

If I wanted to finish a subject quickly I'd always use the 80/20 rule. Check out the exam's official study guide for distribution of content. If a subject makes up 30% on the exam, I'd naturally want to focus on it. That worked pretty well for me on some of the CLEPs, I wouldn't even have to go through the whole material (Educational Psychology for example), while other exams needed more thorough studying, supplementing IC with internet research and sometimes a textbook.

I wouldn't worry about IC not covering the whole breadth. Ultimately, it'll depend on what your aim is: high scores or a quick pass. I've mentioned this in past, the exam feedback section has very good advice, it's too bad it wasn't available when I started out. It's a very good starting point and very helpful in determining what you're up against.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
Hello,
Thanks for responding. Your reply answered my questions. By "a couple areas you could select to be tested on" , I meant the various sections of the exam.
I feel more confident about doing this now!

Juliet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert Flashcards: Uexcel Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior jthatcher50 0 1,598 08-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: jthatcher50
  Why can't I log in to InstantCert to access the flashcards? yanni805 1 1,803 05-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Last Post: moezsheikh
  InstantCert for US History 1 Silly_Me 5 2,570 05-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Different answer for same question on REA and InstantCert LisaSC 1 1,194 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I am a credit monster - I signed up for 7 SL courses bjcheung77 9 946 07-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Western Civ 1 Instantcert problems Jesusfreak97 6 1,301 06-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Jesusfreak97
  Where can I find the bookmarks button for my Instantcert flashcards? cobhc100 1 970 06-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: alzee
  InstantCert Discount Code MrsHall 0 1,436 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: MrsHall
  InstantCert Useful For Saylor Proctored Exams? waterman101 3 1,021 03-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Last Post: jblackhawk
  InstantCert Member FrostDK 4 1,025 11-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Last Post: infoe36069