Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you celebrate?
Hi all,

I've got a long way to go before getting my BA but thought it might be fun to start collecting celebration ideas now. There was one of "us" who took a family vacation camping on a beach and another that I think is going to go on a cruise. Getting that degree will be a wonderful accomplishment. What do you think would be the most perfect way to celebrate? (And to make it really interesting-let's pretend that money is not a factor.) I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas, especially since quite a few of you are a lot more creative than I am.

To get this started-Maybe a month long vacation spent hiking along the Lewis and Clark trail. It would be glorious to be off work and outside for that long.

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
Money not a factor!!! WOW lets see....... LOL
Travel the world to all the places that I have read (and learned) in my studies.

No really I would take a mini vacation with my family. Where you ask?
The place would really not matter as long as my spouse & child were with me. Smile
Librevore Wrote:Hi all,

I've got a long way to go before getting my BA but thought it might be fun to start collecting celebration ideas now. There was one of "us" who took a family vacation camping on a beach and another that I think is going to go on a cruise. Getting that degree will be a wonderful accomplishment. What do you think would be the most perfect way to celebrate? (And to make it really interesting-let's pretend that money is not a factor.)

To get this started-Maybe a month long vacation spent hiking along the Lewis and Clark trail. It would be glorious to be off work and outside for that long.

Librevore

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]For me, just let out a LOUD YELL and do a little dance!!!

But mostly, what I want to do now is to read what I want to read, not because I need to pass and exam, but because I truly wish to absorb and embrace the words, feelings, meanings, and passions of the writer or subject just for me and not just to get a 50 on some damn clep exam!!

Warming up the vocal cords and filling my lungs with air in anticipation!! Big Grin Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:but because I truly wish to absorb and embrace the words, feelings, meanings, and passions of the writer or subject

Bwaaahaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa!
hilarious
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Okay you two really are very funny!

But seriously... aren't you planning on doing anything special to celebrate?
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:Okay you two really are very funny!

It would be nice to do something special. But I'm not sure yet what that might be. At the very least, my wife and I will go out for a nice meal to celebrate.

I know that I am nearing the end of my degree plan, but it still seems so far away yet. I have LOTS of exams still to do before I am finished. Maybe nearer the time, I will get the sudden urge to plan a Cruise to Alaska, or an African Safari. LOL

But for now, it will probably be me, my Beloved, two steaks, and a Diet Pepsi at the Outback Steakhouse. Ha ha!
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Librevore Wrote:Okay you two really are very funny!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Planning - yes. Carrying out any plans - ?

I would have liked to have gone to the commencement last month - that would have been enough for me. Now I get to get my diploma out of my PO Box.

Perhaps I can wear a cap & gown and have the postal clerk present me with my diploma? Na, they'll probably want some extra postage!! Big Grin

Actually to be honest at this point I don't want to put the cart before the horse insofar as I am still awaiting the final to arrive. I will pass it, but I just don't want to jinx myself by planning a big to do when I'm still on the other side of the finish line.

Ask me again after it's all said and done; perhaps 2-3 weeks from now.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Gotcha- sorry guys-wasn't trying to put anyone on the spot. Was just having some fun.

I'm trying to come up with some great "carrots" to go along with the "sticks" that I motivate with. hilarious

Appreciate you a lot. Okay let's see so far-Do a dance, yell and then go on an African safari while taking a mini vacation.

Thanks!
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:Hi all,

I've got a long way to go before getting my BA but thought it might be fun to start collecting celebration ideas now. There was one of "us" who took a family vacation camping on a beach and another that I think is going to go on a cruise. Getting that degree will be a wonderful accomplishment. What do you think would be the most perfect way to celebrate? (And to make it really interesting-let's pretend that money is not a factor.) I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas, especially since quite a few of you are a lot more creative than I am.

Librevore

Hmm, I think that after I graduate, I might actually get some work done instead of thinking about my next test or class. Smile

-
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Well, Kate, since you asked.....

Let's see...I think that at least one week on the beach in the Cayman Islands would suit me just fine. It is one of my most favorite places in the world and would be a wonderful place just to RELAX and read some books for pleasure (what a concept)!

And since we're going with the fantasy that money is no object, I'd like to also go with the fantasy that we can bring whomever we want! I'll take either Hugh Laurie or Hugh Jackman...either one or both works for me! LOL hilarious

JoAnne
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College