Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the Vietnam War (study.com)
So much for this being an "easy" UL course -- not for those like me who don't have a young and/or photographic memory, and/or aren't that great with history facts in general.

I have watched all of study.com's His-108 History of the Vietnam War (at least twice each, sometimes more), and eventually passed all the quizzes, but I am really struggling with the wording on the chapter tests, and am still not passing them on my own. I have been reading & rereading the flashcards. I'm not sure what else to do to prepare for the final.

And even worse, the "soft" final grade won't even show up right away for me, apparently, so when I do take it, I'll have multiple days of stress when I could either be studying to take it again, or studying another subject. <grrr>

Anyone who has already passed the final have any words of advice for me?

I'm not exactly new to CBEs, and did well in the other study.com course I took (although now I wonder if it's because I knew most of the concepts and it was basically a review for me).

I need to take the final and move on because I was planning/supposed to be done with all my UL SocSci AOS CBEs by the time I start the TESU Capstone on the 25th... but at this rate I'll never make it Rolleyes
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I just started History 308 Cause and Effects of the Vietnam War- on 4.3 at study.com. They sound similar. So many different people, different individual nations and their foreign policies, various failed governments, the geography of both Vietams etc...to remember. Definitely not an easy one for me either. The essay should help offset the exam score.
Laura27282 Wrote:I just started History 308 Cause and Effects of the Vietnam War- on 4.3 at study.com. They sound similar. So many different people, different individual nations and their foreign policies, various failed governments, the geography of both Vietams etc...to remember. Definitely not an easy one for me either. The essay should help offset the exam score.

An essay?! Now I'm wondering if I should switch over to HIS-308. There is no essay in 108, but they share some quizzes, so I am almost halfway through the course already, and the final only being worth 1/3 of the grade is tempting.

I read over the syllabus, and I don't see when the essay would be written. Do you think it has to be part of the proctored exam time, or I wonder if the essay can it be done at a different time?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
You submit the essay and then take the exam. It says you don't have to wait to get your essay grade back before you take the exam.

Essay Prompts, Rubric & Instructions for Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War | Study.com
Laura27282 Wrote:You submit the essay and then take the exam. It says you don't have to wait to get your essay grade back before you take the exam.

Essay Prompts, Rubric & Instructions for Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War | Study.com

Thanks!! I like that they give several topic options as I find my creative thinking skills prefer a little leeway when writing essays. Is the essay portion of the final why you decided to take Hist-308 vs Hist-108?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

I think I actually like the lessons in 308 (the ones that are not shared with 108) better. The writer's style seems to make more sense to me personally.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Does anyone know what this will actually transfer into TESU as? ACE lists it as LL, but I'm looking for UL credit, and would prefer to do this rather than the DSST exam. Thanks for your help!
Hi there! You're soo close to finishing, and it seems like we're always studying the same thing! Smile haha. Do you know what it would transfer in at TESU as? (Primarily wondering on the course with essay.) Thanks!!
Both of Study.com's Vietnam courses transfer in as HIS-351: A History of Vietnam War (UL). They duplicate each other, so take the easier one.

Study.com - Thomas Edison State University
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Both of Study.com's Vietnam courses transfer in as HIS-351: A History of Vietnam War (UL). They duplicate each other, so take the easier one.

Study.com - Thomas Edison State University

I ended up taking all the quizzes for both, then taking the final for 108. My thoughts were that if I didn't pass I would do the essay and final for the "harder" course. I did pass though, so never had to worry about the essay. If memorization isn't your thing, I'd say go with 308 since the essay and quizzes add up to something like 2/3rd of the overall course grade.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 178 Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Last Post: jch
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 262 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,506 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,637 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,365 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 374 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,047 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,924 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle