Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with creating a resume
Hi everyone! 

Could anyone give me some guidance on how to create a resume as a recent college grad with no work experience?

Some examples would be great!
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
A lot depends on the job you are after. If you're looking for an accounting- or project management-related job, I'd focus on how the coursework you took applies to the real world. For example, if you worked on any particular projects or group activities, talk about what you achieved, the successes from working with the team, etc.

This is also a place where informational interviewing might be helpful. You email someone at a respected firm and ask if they have 10 or 15 minutes for an informational interview about their company so you can understand the industry better. A lot of people are willing to do this. You can ask what they see in terms of growth and outlook for their industry, what sorts of roles they see their company as needing, which types of roles are most difficult to find staff for, and maybe, if they hire recent grads, what they look for in resumes, background, experiences. Lastly, you might ask if they have any suggestions for people you could talk to who might have insights into potential openings or opportunities in your field.

If you can get a couple of these, it will really help you craft the perfect resume.

It might also be worthwhile to talk with your college's career center. Most have people that will help you craft and refine a resume without cost.
There is no exact way to write a resume.

Here's some tips
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/an-examp...perts.html

I would suggest putting a skills/certification section under the Education section.

If it fits your career, you can do some freelancing work to build up some relevant experience, so you have something to put there.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
It appears that UMPI offers resume help through their Career Readiness Office.

https://www.umpi.edu/offices/career-readiness/
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • allvia, origamishuttle, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Certificates To Put On Your Resume In 2024 LevelUP 0 262 03-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 423 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Skip the OPM! Colleges are creating their own online portal... bjcheung77 1 687 01-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Alpha
Thumbs Up How do you list certificates on Resume and LinkedIn? Vle045 2 705 05-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Resume/CV ss20ts 14 1,763 02-25-2021, 03:00 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Dual AOS Resume referencing? Zachcleigh 2 999 07-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need Help Creating a Degree Plan Newbee 3 624 12-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Quick certs to spice up resume for Epic application analyst job dmjacobsen 17 2,478 11-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  COSC In Progress on Resume humbleAMG 0 641 11-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Last Post: humbleAMG
  Someone pls help me creating degree plan for bachelor health science/public health jankip 3 735 09-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: bluebooger