Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's to stop somebody from doing this....
clep101 Wrote:But in order to make a good profit I would have to spend at least 2K or 3K grand USD.

And there lies the reason I've never been interested in FOREX. In order to make serious money you have to either A) Have a serious bankroll or B) Leverage the heck out of your account. A's out, and B always scared the heck out of me. I know there's people that do it, and make money at it... but it ain't me. Wink
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
rickyjo Wrote:Oh, I get it. The very act of taking advantage of the system corrects the system. That makes sense. I've been trying to wrap my head around it all day.
This logic will actually help you when you start taking your economics courses.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"The shortest distance between two points is usually under repair." - Anonymous

[SIZE="1"]CLEP/DSST/ACE credits (39), Total costs $1,383
Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
I will be done with my first econ course tomorrow Smile. I'm eleven points away from meeting my required 70%, there are 120 possible points left. I think my chances are quite good!

I did quite well in econ in high school, and I think it has been helpful, though, not nearly as helpful as wikipedia I'm afraid. I've spent an average of, perhaps, 10 hours a day on these stupid courses. It's paying off! If I can knock out the next course this quickly I'll have to sign up for a third to complete the month!

Business has been blissfully slow.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
Yay! I have surpassed 70%. now to press "A" until the class is over.
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
IgnazSemmelweis Wrote:This logic will actually help you when you start taking your economics courses.

I've never taken an economics class before. (well maybe in HS about 14 years ago.) If you think about it, its not really economics to make a profit (well maybe the principle is), its just using common sense. If you need to make a quick buck, you just think out of the box using what's available to you.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Making a quick buck in an out of the box way is my specialty!

You are right, if you think about it, economics as applied to an individual or small company is very simple (common sense!). This macro econ stuff I just completed was all about theory and principles that I will never have the opportunity to contribute to or implement in any way!

I'm hoping micro econ will be more immediately useful.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
I opened up a forex trading account when I was in my late teens. Unfortunately, I lost several thousand dollars in a relatively short period of time. It's an extremely efficient market, and thus, profit-making opportunities are few and far between for the average retail trader. The leverage can also wipe you out quite quickly (up to 100:1 with certain brokers). The failure rate is around 99%.

BTW, most traders rely on technical analysis for trading decisions. Charts and indicators often supersede economic data. The topics covered in a typical economics course likely won't assist in your trading endeavors.
Oh, no, I wouldn't touch this with 99 foot pole. I'm no risk taker! I simply wondered how it worked and why it wasn't as profitable and easy as it appeared on the surface.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
For more info check out babypips.com - explains the ins and outs of currency trading for free.