Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me evaluate my degree plan—TESU BSBA General Management
I wish I had found this forum sooner! I'd love your input on my degree plan for a BSBA-General Management from TESU.

Already completed/soon to be completed:
  • All general ed requirements, including statistics+algebra for the BSBA requirements.

Professional Business Requirements:
  • Financial Accounting (TESU Course, currently taking)
  • Managerial Accounting—Study.com
  • Macro/Microeconomics—StraighterLine
  • Principes of Management—Saylor
  • Principles of Marketing—Saylor
  • Business Law—Saylor
  • Management Information Systems—Saylor
  • Principles of Finance—Study.com
  • Corporate Communications: Saylor
  • Business in Society—TECEP
  • Strategic Management—TECEP

General Management Focus:
  • Advanced Accounting—Study.com
  • Human Resource Management—Study.com
  • Financial Institutions and Markets—DSST
  • Organizational Behavior—DSST
  • Public Relations—TECEP
  • Advertising—TECEP

Electives:
  • Chemistry—CLEP (need to test out of intro chem in order to start general chem 1/2 at local school next year)
  • Advanced Operations Management—Study.com

I have a great track record with TECEPs and CLEPs so far, have studied using Saylor courses, but have not done any testing on Saylor, Study.com, StraighterLine, or DSST.

Any input, feedback, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm not a business major so take this for what its worth. I have taken some of the classes from other sources though.

Taking as much of this through Saylor will be the cheapest option at $25 per exam, and especially since you already have a track record of courses with them.

Apply for the study.com Guardian scholarship and you can get six courses for free so that would take care of all the study.com classes you have listed plus one of the straighterline classes maybe. You could also use the study.com material and the Saylor material to study for the DSST options. You may need some additional resources too but it wouldn't hurt to at least print out all the flashcards and use them for things like the Organizational Behavior DSST. Worse case scenario, if you don't get the scholarship and don't want to pay for the membership, go ahead and get the free trial and access to the material to study (I think they give you 5 days free).

I had already taken Business Law, Accounting I, Human Resources Management and Micro Econ at another college so I can't speak to most of the courses here. I did take Org Behavior from study.com and they let you take assessments. They give you 30 questions in each assessment and you can take it several times. I tested out of 40% of the course after a try or two. You might get even further and its a really easy course (IMO). I think I finished it in two days - maybe three?

Good luck. I'm sure a business major could chime in here and give their input on specific courses. I'm considering taking some of these courses after I finish my capstone.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,061 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,728 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,275 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,254 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,737 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,784 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,402 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,650 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,369 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,440 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic