Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard of Ashworth College?
Just curious, if this would be a benefit for my daughter for Graphic Design? Online College Degrees - Affordable & Accredited I know it's not a bachelors program, but would it count as credits towards personal learning for a Liberal Arts @TESC?
geissingert Wrote:Just curious, if this would be a benefit for my daughter for Graphic Design? Online College Degrees - Affordable & Accredited I know it's not a bachelors program, but would it count as credits towards personal learning for a Liberal Arts @TESC?

Ashworth College is DETC accredited (National), and will most likely not transfer.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
geissingert Wrote:Just curious, if this would be a benefit for my daughter for Graphic Design? Online College Degrees - Affordable & Accredited I know it's not a bachelors program, but would it count as credits towards personal learning for a Liberal Arts @TESC?

Avoid. It won't count in transfer anywhere that requires regional accreditation (TESC, community college, etc.) The accreditation is national, not regional. All things being equal, your dollar spends just as easy in a program that will transfer as one that won't.
I don't know if this is the case at Ashworth, but the career diplomas at Penn Foster aren't worth college credit. So, even if you find a school willing to accept credits from nationally accredited schools, you won't get credits for their career diplomas. They are more like professional development credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Penn Foster was one we were looking at for the Graphic Design program. Then my daughter was thinking of getting bachelors at TESC.
The only courses that transfer from Penn Foster are those listed on the ACE website.

https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...chCriteria
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
I have taken the graphics arts program from Ashworth College. I am still a student there working on a AAS in Marketing. It is a career diploma course and does not count for any college credit. The program was ok but I believe the program from Penn Foster would have been better. Some of the classes that make up the Penn Foster program would most likely transfer if they have been approved by ACE.
Associate in Arts - University of the State of New York / 1989
Undergraduate certificate in marketing, Ashworth College.

BSLS Excelsior college in progress. 6 classes to go
I found this thread looking for something else and have already done this research so it may help someone in the future.

All of the college degree programs at Ashworth will transfer in their partner program - the National Transfer Network, which includes 4 regionally accredited schools (ASU, Norwich, SouthWestern and WGU).
Poptech Wrote:I found this thread looking for something else and have already done this research so it may help someone in the future.

All of the college degree programs at Ashworth will transfer in their partner program - the National Transfer Network, which includes 4 regionally accredited schools (ASU, Norwich, SouthWestern and WGU).

Or you could START at ASU, Norwich, SouthWestern and WGU. Those will transfer anywhere.
ASU is a typo. It's supposed to be APUS.

cookderosa Wrote:Or you could START at ASU, Norwich, SouthWestern and WGU. Those will transfer anywhere.

You don't want to start this argument. I've been down this road already on the other forum. Poptech's main argument is that Ashworth is cheaper. They currently have this deal where you get your fourth semester free. After that deal is over, they go back to being about as expensive as a community college.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,309 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 689 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 912 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,486 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 526 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 890 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,790 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  Heard v. Depp Alpha 3 629 06-02-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 710 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,096 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az