Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anybody Taken Any ECE Exams
I need to take the following upper level ECE exams. I'm sure that many of you will need to do the same if your trying to obtain your degree by only taking exams, as Dantes only offers 6 upper level exams.

ECE Ethics Theory and Practice
ECE Human Resource Management
ECE Organizational Behavior
ECE World Population
ECE Abnormal Psychology
ECE Foundations of Gerentology
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging
ECE Research Methods in Psychology

I have heard that the instantcert materials for Human Resource Magament, Organizational Behavior and Ethics crosss over adequately enough to use for the ECE exams. Has anybody used them for those exams?

Also, I might try the Dantes Civil War and Soviet Union upper level exams instead the ECE World Population and ECE Resaerch Methods in Psychology exams. Instantcert is like a security blanket. I can't imagine taking an exam that they don't have materials for. Even though those two Dantes exams might be brutal I would think that I would still be better off mastering instancert's materials for those, versus taking those two ECE exams with no instantcert guide. Any thoughts?
I haven't taken any ECE exams, but I too share the insecurity of taking an exam without a guide. Another reason I've chosen some Dantes exams over ECE exams is the cost is less. Smile

As an alternative, however, for those exams that absolutely must be taken maybe you can do a search on ebay or elsewhere for a study guide that another test-taker has created. I've found a few posted on ebay which, although I've yet to apply them, are very thorough. Just a suggestion...
I have taken several ECEs and have passed most of them. I passed HRM, Org Behav, Foundations of Ger, Psych of Adulthood and Aging, and Labor Relations. I have Abnormal Psych and Juvenile Justice left, at a minimum. I've failed Literacy Instruction in the Elementry School twice and World Population once. I also passed the DANTES Org Behavior and HRM so the ECEs were pretty easy for me.
steelers Wrote:I need to take the following upper level ECE exams. I'm sure that many of you will need to do the same if your trying to obtain your degree by only taking exams, as Dantes only offers 6 upper level exams.

ECE Ethics Theory and Practice
ECE Human Resource Management
ECE Organizational Behavior
ECE World Population
ECE Abnormal Psychology
ECE Foundations of Gerentology
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging
ECE Research Methods in Psychology

I have heard that the instantcert materials for Human Resource Magament, Organizational Behavior and Ethics crosss over adequately enough to use for the ECE exams. Has anybody used them for those exams?

Also, I might try the Dantes Civil War and Soviet Union upper level exams instead the ECE World Population and ECE Resaerch Methods in Psychology exams. Instantcert is like a security blanket. I can't imagine taking an exam that they don't have materials for. Even though those two Dantes exams might be brutal I would think that I would still be better off mastering instancert's materials for those, versus taking those two ECE exams with no instantcert guide. Any thoughts?

Hi Steelers: I too share your rservations about ECE's which is why I too will be taking both the DANTES Civil War and Soviet Union exams to complete my upper level credits and depth requirement. Good Luck!!
Scottcop1 - What did you use to study for the ECE Foundations of Ger, Psych of Adulthood and Aging, and Labor Relations exams that you passed?
Steelers,
I bought the textbook recommended by the Coast Guard Institute's catalog. It was recommended for both exams. I skimmed over it, watched all 13 1-hour videos from the death and dying type PBS series I checked out from the library, and took them both the same day. A "B" and a "C" but I passed. For Labor Relations, I checked out a Labor Relations textbook from the base library and studied for about 2-3 hours over general info, terms, etc. Took it and made a "B." I have used the PBS video series for several exams without even studying! The Coast Guard Institute is a great resource and I used it a lot with my personal business. Hope this helps.
Steelers,
I also purchased the recommended textbook for the Research Methods in Psych but didn't need to take it after all. The book is recommeded by EC though.
I took ECE Organizational Behavior and ECE HRM, both using InstaCert. I got a B on both (EC exams don't give you a scaled score). Those two were the first I took and since then, using only InstaCert, I've scored what Excelsior considers an A on 6 exams (CLEP and DSST).
I also ECE Ethics Theory and Practice, I would highly recommend Excelsior's practice exams for prep. Some of the scenarios from the practice tests are on the exam. Also, if you can, take DSST Ethics in America first, it's good prep for the ECE exam.
I haven't taken Civil War or Soviet Union yet, but they're on my list after Intro to World Religions. I just took Macro/MicroEconomics - 61 and 60 using only InstaCert. I took Money and Banking and Environment and Humanity but haven't gotten my results yet.
Given my success rate with InstaCert, I'm going to take any DSST upper level exam instead of ECE if I can.
Did you say that you did take the ECE Ethics exam using the instantcert ethics material? If so, how did you score?
steelers Wrote:Did you say that you did take the ECE Ethics exam using the instantcert ethics material? If so, how did you score?

The InstaCert materials are not sufficient to pass the ECE Ethics exam. However, I found that starting the Ethics learning process with the DSST Ethics in America using InstaCert was good prep in terms of getting in the correct frame of mind. The ECE Ethics Theory and Practice was THE hardest exam I've taken. It's the only exam that I've ever taken that I began to seriously question if I would finish on time. :eek:
I wouldn't suggest anyone go into it without first using Excelsior's practice test. Some of the case studies from the practice test are on the exam and it proved beneficial in time and familiarity factor. The questions were not the same, but many of the scenarios were. I would also use the ECE practice test just before taking the exam, so that the information is fresh. They only let you answer the items once, but you can review indefinitely - take advantage of that. That exam was like a marathon, I was just happy to finish, getting an A on it - which was totally unexpected - was like medaling.
Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,762 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,412 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,402 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 720 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,329 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,352 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Does your community college offer challenge exams? muu9 2 1,001 07-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,912 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Sophia/CLEP/DSST Info Tech exams = all same? SCYankee 2 1,390 02-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SCYankee