Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys PLEASE HELP ME
Hello Everyone
I must say this board has been a source of inspiration in helping me chalk out a plan for my degree completion after a lull of 12 years.

I have one question for you expierienced folks out here.

Consider this:
I have 60 credits earned in Pakistan over 10 years ago. I have had my credits evaluated by W.E.S. Next I had these credits transfered to my local community college. So my local community college transcript shows the following

AAS-ELEC AAS General Elective 12.00
ECO-REQU Transfer Economics Requirement 12.00
ESL-REQU Transfer ESL Requirement 6.00
FLN-REQU Foreign Language Transfer Requ 6.00
PHI-ELEC Philosophy Transfer Elective 6.00
POL-ELEC Political Sci Trans Elective 12.00
SOC-ELEC Sociology Transfer Elective 6.00

My question is that when I apply to the Big 3's will my Community college transcript be enough to transfer in the 60 credits or do I need to have W.E.S send in the hard copy at $30 bucks each to each of the institutions.

Thank you all for answering our questions patiently

D
it is going to have to be W.E.S. I am not real well versed on non-us school transfers but for the big three any transfer credit has to be sent from the source, in your case it is the W.E.S.
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
it also looks as if u only have 6 credits for foreign language. u should look into some of the other language exam options. they offer waaay more credit.
[U][U]A pass is a pass![/U][/U]

CLEP Passed
Social Science & History (6)
English Comp w/Essay (6)
A & I Literature (6)
Biology (6)
Natural Science (6)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Intro to Sociology (3)
Intro to Educational Psychology (3)
Human Growth & Development (3)
American Government (3)

DSST Passed
Drug & Alcohol Abuse (3)
Organizational Behavior (3)
Intro to Computing (3)
Technical Writing (3)
Astronomy (3)
Counseling (3)

ECE
Research Methods in Psychology (3)
Cultural Diversity (3)

FEMA (25)
NFA (3)

***Admitted to Wayne State University Law School
AW SHUCKS!!!

I was hoping to get by with the Community college transcript at $2.00 a copy.
Heck whats another $90 (30x3) compared to all that I will be saving by finishing up my degree at one of the big threes rather than the BM schoolBig Grin

One more question for you,
Looking at my transcript is their any room for the 30 Free FEMA credits awarded by TESC for their BSBA(general business) OR BA natural Science program.

This is the only reason I am considering TESC, otherwise I think the lower enrollment cost of the other two colleges is enough to make me lean their way.
Thanks ya'll
You guys are the best
D
The advice to follow up on the foreign language credit is a good one. New York University had exams where you could get up to 16 semester credits. You were only awarded 6 by W.E.S.

If you are Pakistani and speak and write it fluently, go for it. My wife did about 6 or 7 years ago - Tagalog (Philippines). She got 15 semester credits which were accepted by Eastern Illinois University. We wondered about 15/16 but were content.

Sidney
twosidneys Wrote:The advice to follow up on the foreign language credit is a good one. New York University had exams where you could get up to 16 semester credits. You were only awarded 6 by W.E.S.

If you are Pakistani and speak and write it fluently, go for it. My wife did about 6 or 7 years ago - Tagalog (Philippines). She got 15 semester credits which were accepted by Eastern Illinois University. We wondered about 15/16 but were content.

Sidney
>>

And let me just emphasize, that foreign language credit will first fill your humanities slot- then trickle into your general education electives slot- then any add'l overflow can will your free electives. This is AWESOME credit in terms of utility. If you think you have a sliver of ability, I'd suggest racking up all the foreign language credit you can. (remember FEMA only fills free electives- no trickling down Smile)
One thing you might want to do is to do your own evaluations first,the requirements for the degrees are on the sites,you should be able to get an approximate idea and if you are not sure post it and people will help you. That might save you a couple application fees.

If I was going to apply to all three I would send the CC transcript first. The evaluation done is "unofficial" so a transcript of the same nauture shouldnt be a problem. Once you settled on one,send them the "real" one. At the least call or email them and check before you shell out the duckets.
Candothis :

The following is from Excelsiors website, I believe they only accept an evaluations from Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. So if you decide to apply at Excelsior the one from WES may not be acceptable.

From Excelsiors website :

Evaluation of International Transcripts
Academic work completed at institutions outside the United States must be degree-level study undertaken at a university that has been officially recognized as degree- or diploma-granting by the regulating agency for higher education in your home country. Your international transcript must be evaluated by an evaluation agency, approved by Excelsior College, that specializes in the evaluation of such transcripts. For your convenience, here is a list (in PDF format) of acceptable institutions outside the United States that have already been evaluated and do not have to be reviewed again.

* Institutions Outside the United States Whose Transcripts are Accepted Directly

https://www.excelsior.edu/Excelsior_Coll...cript1.pdf

What to Do Before Enrolling
Prior to enrolling, you should contact us for the name and address of the evaluation agency to be used and for information about its current services and fees. The designated evaluation agency will make recommendations to Excelsior College about the amount of credit to be awarded and about U.S. equivalents. If you have coursework credit from outside the United States, please call 518-464-8500 (press 1-4-1 at the automated greeting). We will provide you all the information you will need to work with the evaluation agency.

This is from another Excelsior webpage :

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
Please note that certain institutions outside the United States do not need to be evaluated by ECE. To view a PDF file listing acceptable institutions outside the United States, click on the International Credentials link on our publications page.

For all transcripts/credentials outside the U.S. except Israel:

1. Contact Excelsior College to request a printed ECE application, access the form electronically at the ECE Web site, or, if you have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader, access the PDF application form at the Excelsior College Publications Request page. When you complete the application, you need to request a Subject Analysis evaluation report (in Section 2) and request that your evaluation report be sent to Excelsior College (in Section 4).
2. Submit English translated course descriptions/syllabi required for your Excelsior College degree in:

o Business - professional component and core arts and science courses
o Liberal Arts - concentration courses
o Nursing - anatomy, physiology, microbiology, psychology, sociology, and mathematics, including statistics courses
o Technology - technical component and core arts and science courses
A BIG THANKS to all of you for the great advice. I am looking into the foriegn language exams. I am continued to be amazed at the opportunities out thier that we don't know about. Thanks to you WONDERFUL advisers out here I am getting ready to take the Urdu proficiency exam at NYU. $420 for 16 credit hours! YEAH BRING IT ON BABY!!!hilarious

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE!
cookderosa Wrote:>>

And let me just emphasize, that foreign language credit will first fill your humanities slot- then trickle into your general education electives slot- then any add'l overflow can will your free electives. This is AWESOME credit in terms of utility. If you think you have a sliver of ability, I'd suggest racking up all the foreign language credit you can. (remember FEMA only fills free electives- no trickling down Smile)

Jennifer, Could you please take a look at the above credits and tell me if I have room for the 12-16 credits for the language pro. test.
If the 60 credits I already have will apply towards the humanities/general credits I would hate to spend close to $500 on this test for filling up the Free elective portion . I can do that with FEMA credits for FREE. I would REALLY appreciate your WISE advice.
Thanks
D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Guys, I need some help. davewill 27 2,432 05-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ok guys I'm going with Sanantone's BSBA degree plan! still need a lil help tonywantsadegree 8 1,102 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Question For You Guys... Does my college plan make sense? MT0911 11 1,253 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: MT0911
  What have you guys done with your degrees? richie021501 8 842 04-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Last Post: taylor