Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Education TESU questions
Hey,

This is my first post on this forum. I've recently decided to go back to college (TESU) after a couple years in the work force. I completed a Paramedic program at a university which was worth 30 credits. I have also completed A&P (3) and english composition 1 (3) along with 9 credits from the University through college ROTC courses. I recently applied to TESU for the BSBA program and signed up for a month of Shmoop.com. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for courses to take at Shmoop or straighetline?

Thanks
Hi!

Sorry no one has responded to you. That's unusual here.

Yours is a common question; I had it too about a year and a half ago. Best thing to do is read the free and fast credit threads.

I am in no way an expert, but looking at your list, you need general education classes like math, science, sociology, English... Dunno if your paramedic was a certificate that will need to be assessed, or college track (where it's already broken down into courses and credits by your college), so you may be covered on those.

Welcome and hang in there!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

You need basically everything - those 30cr in paramedics won't count towards anything for the BSBA - you only get space for 6cr of free electives, and that's where those would count.

Have you thought about a different degree there? The BSPS (15cr of EMT could be used as Specialized Career Track and 9cr in free electives might be good. Or the BALS, using 27cr in free electives.

Or, you might want to look at either EC or COSC? Those might better utilize your credits than TESU would. I like TESU's degree, but not in every situation, and yours is a great example of a place where TESU may not best serve you (losing 24cr is hard).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
What do the paramedics credits include?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
http://www2.tesu.edu/oapwl/client.php?client=NREMT
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
I think the OP probably has more schooling than what's shown on that page. A paramedic certification is a higher level than an EMT certification. But that does suggest that yes, there should be some science included, at least, and possibly a couple other classes, as well. Maybe ethics??

Probably most of the humanities classes will still be needed, and possibly math.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 153 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 178 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,911 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,005 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  US Education Department unveils stricter college oversight rules bjcheung77 0 340 11-01-2023, 02:38 PM
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 408 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 343 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
  Continuing Education stipend ideas impasta 5 465 09-21-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: impasta