Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foundations of Education DSST?
Has anyone taken this exam, and if so, how did you prepare for it?
I took the exam a couple of years ago

i used the specific exam feedback and a crummy book I bought from Rudmens study guides (Not worth the money) The flashcards were not available here yet. I would recommend join IC use flashcards and specific exam feedback.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks! Smile
Bumping a old thread here and saying hello to the forum that has helped me so! But I did have a question. Has anyone taken this exam recently? This is my first dsst but I have taken several cleps. I am scheduled to take this exam tomorrow ad am making a two hour drive. But I am so VERRY nervous! I usually take practice tests before I take a exam to fill in any gaps I have but could not find any on Foundations of education. Does anyone know where I can get one? I have checked Petersons with no luck. I have studied the specific feedback section thoroughly and used instacert and a intro to teaching book I found at a thrift store. But I am still pretty NERVOUS. Any Tips?
I took this exam today and passed with a 443! Must admit rather pleased as I this was my first DSST and I was very nervous due to not taking a practice exam to shore up any missing info. I finished my first run through the test in 20 minutes then went back through worked the marked for review ones and then went through again logically thinking out each of my responses. Even after doing all this, I still had 50 minutes left on the clock. Probably because I am so used to the CLEP format! To me, maybe because this was developed by the military, the questions seemed much more straight forward then the CLEP's I have taken.
All of the info on the specific feedback thread is still relevant to study and Gabe's study guide was invaluable. However there were a few things I did not see on here or on instacert. I did not but I wish I had studied up to 2008 and also on the incident with Scott Walker and the teachers union.

Carol Lee and Cultural Modeling
Chapter 220 and the events surrounding it
2007 Amendment to NCLB
Postmodernist and what does it share with pragmatism
Pledge of allegiance and why the phrase "one nation under God" was inserted by President Eisenhower
Reasons why the state capitol is open to the public -seemed a little odd to me.
There was mention on the test of some riot but I don't remember why
Differences between Nea and AFT
Understand Socioeconomic
Who is supposed to raise public support and funding

All in all I used this thread, wikepedia and a teaching book I picked up at a thrift store called "Introduction to teaching becoming a professional" by Don Kauchak and Paul Eggen. The book was very very useful but also very liberal like one comenter has already stated.

Onto the next test! Chemistry CLEP or DSST Statistics (Still deciding =)
Thank you for the update on the exam. Glad you did so well. Now that you have taken a DSST you should be more comfortable with them. I don't know about either of your next choices but they both look like hard ones. Good Luck!
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thank you Linda!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 245 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 209 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 2,019 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  New ASU EA/UL Course: CIS194 Cloud Foundations MNomadic 6 815 11-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  US Education Department unveils stricter college oversight rules bjcheung77 0 354 11-01-2023, 02:38 PM
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 371 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
  Continuing Education stipend ideas impasta 5 492 09-21-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: impasta
  Panorama Education Acquires Mesa Cloud... bjcheung77 0 431 07-01-2023, 01:45 AM
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 833 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Is an Ivy Education Worth It? Imbanewbie 2 578 05-02-2023, 02:37 PM