Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial Accounting: One More CLEP Adventure
It's been nearly four years since I've taken a CLEP test. During the 2011-12 academic year, I took and passed 14 CLEP tests to finish the bulk of my A.A. degree, and then I moved on to earn my B.A.S. degree from a brick-and-mortar school about a year ago. But that's another story for another day.

The grad school I'm (tentatively) planning to attend requires two accounting classes, which I haven't taken, as a prerequisite. Since I'm not taking any classes right now, I want to get those prerequisites knocked out before my schedule gets really intense when I begin grad school in fall 2016. I'm planning to take the Financial Accounting CLEP within the next month or two and then take a Managerial Accounting class in June at my alma mater.

Has anyone taken the Financial Accounting CLEP lately? How difficult was it? The questions on the sample test seem a bit more rigorous than most of the ones on the College Board's study guide. I studied for the Financial Accounting CLEP back in 2013 when I thought I might need it (it turns out I didn't), and I took a number of classes that touched on accounting, so I feel pretty well-versed in the fundamentals of accounting. I'm obviously going to do some more studying on my own, but I'd like to have an idea of how much studying I need to do.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
I do not know how difficult it is, but good luck!Smile
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016
I successfully tackled the Financial Accounting CLEP today. There were no major surprises on the test. Just make sure that you have a really good grasp of the topics that the College Board lists on the CLEP site, especially debits and credits. You'll have a hard time passing if you have a superficial knowledge of the concepts - be sure that you really understand them. If you're coming in cold, you'd be wise to spend more time studying for this than you probably would for, say, the Marketing CLEP.

It feels good to refuel my CLEP addiction after four years away from credit by exam!

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

MBA, Class of 2017
Good work! cheersmate
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I took this test about a month ago. I used AccountingCoach.com and the REA/Petersons practice tests. If you do this, you will pass. It definitely helps to understand how the financial statement relate to each other. Alot of the questions and the understanding of the concepts tested will be based on this. If you subscribe to Instant Cert, you will gain access to the specific feedback forum where you will gain better insight into what is on the test. Hope this helps.
Accounting Coach is a very helpful resource, and I also used Accounting Tools a lot. And, of course, subscribing to IC couldn't hurt, either.

MBA, Class of 2017
I'm taking the Financial Accounting CLEP in 2 weeks, and I have no idea where t
o begin to study, I need this one last class for my degree and I'm terrible at this stuff. I put it off until the end and no i"m horrified .. I know nothing where should I start?
These two sites will come in handy:

Learn Accounting Online for Free | AccountingCoach
Accounting CPE & Books - AccountingTools

It wouldn't be a bad idea to subscribe to InstantCert, and you could also try picking up an accounting textbook. Good luck!

MBA, Class of 2017
This test was brutal for me, I missed it with a score of 48. My test seemed to ask a lot of stuff that was more in line for Managerial Accounting then with Financial Accounting. I studied an insane amount for my attempt and about 20 questions I got seemed to be in a different language. It's not that I didn't study the right stuff. I had all the stuff listed on the CLEP site down. I am now taking the class at my Local CC and I have an A so far and honestly haven't had to open the book or look for an answer to a test. Be careful when you take this test. I recommend hitting on some Managerial Accounting topics just to be sure.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
This was the BEST resource I found for Accounting: Accounting​workbook.com - Home

And it is only $10 a month
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,820 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 513 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI---Financial aid??? midnite123 4 720 01-15-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial Aid Conspiracy Alpha 5 1,150 10-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,852 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  1 More Year to Use Financial Aid for Foreign Online Programs sanantone 1 583 06-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 942 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,323 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How to Secure Last-Minute Financial Aid for College LevelUP 2 525 04-23-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az