Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest/cheapest second bachelor’s degree
(04-25-2022, 05:42 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Here is the wiki for the UMPI project management and others:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

This is awesome. Thanks for the insight!
If you're getting your degree at UMPI, and you choose a BLS/Mgmt or BLS/Project Mgmt (or both), I think you don't have to do any of the other courses, just the concentration and then 30cr total (many UL). But I know if you already have a bachelor's degree, you don't need to do the GEC.

If you are really looking for speed, the BLS is the best way to go.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-25-2022, 12:21 AM)Lingo55 Wrote: Good evening all! This forum is a wealth of knowledge, but after reading every post about a second bachelor’s degree I can find, I need some advice from you experts with my particular situation in mind. 

I’m trying to commission in the military as active duty enlisted. I’m looking for the fastest route that will yield me the best GPA. One of the deciding factors for commission is the undergraduate GPA. They consider master’s degrees, but the undergrad degree is a major requirement so it holds more weight.

I have a bachelors of science in biology from a major state university conferred in 2011 with a 2.6 GPA (not competitive).

While in the military I completed:
- a CCAF AA degree in intelligence studies (2019)
- a Defense language institute AA degree in afghan Pashto (2016, 3.2 GPA)
- a Defense language institute AA degree in Modern Standard Arabic (2021, 3.4 GPA)
- 36 LL credits through CLEP/DSST

Things to note: I do not have access to military tuition assistance because I already have a bachelors degree, however, a ton of schools, including the big 3, cap out my tuition cost at $250 per credit hour as active duty.

I am assuming most programs would require me to complete a certain number of upper level requirements, so for reference 15 credits from each language degree are typically considered upper level with 8 being language related and 7 being humanities related, for a total of 30 upper level credit hours related to those language degrees. I can also take any CLEP or DSST test for free that may contribute as an upper level credit and lower my costs.

If you know of any programs that would yield a high GPA (provided I ace the required courses) on a short timeframe, it would really help me out.

I'd suggest you look at American Military University (AMU)
Quote:LevelUP's post #6: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid364946

Is SNHU really easy to get a high score? If so, I would choose SNHU. Thank you for your reply
(04-30-2022, 08:41 AM)lulu2022 Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 12:57 PM)升级 Wrote: UMPI,你提交一个草稿,然后教授会给你更正。一旦论文好,你可以提交最终的。

最低成绩是 B,因此您很可能会在 UMPI 以优异的成绩 (3.5GPA+) 毕业。

SNHU 允许您重做作业,并且评分非常重视获得高分。有可能获得 3.9 GPA 并以最高荣誉毕业(Summa cum laude:3.9–4.0 GPA)

但是,SNHU 将花费更多并且需要更长的时间,因为您每学期只能参加 2 节课。

我听说普渡也很容易达到高分,但和SNHU一样的情况会花费更多,需要更长的时间。

SNHU真的很 容易拿到高分吗?如果是这样,我会选择SNHU。感谢您的回复

Please only post in English. Thanks!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@lulu2022, I repeat the info here https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid365303
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-25-2022, 12:57 PM)升级 Wrote: UMPI, you submit a draft paper, then the professor will give you corrections. Once the paper is good, you can submit the final.

The minimum grade is a B, so most likely, you will graduate with honors (3.5GPA+) at UMPI.

SNHU lets you redo assignments, and the grading is heavily weighted towards receiving high grades. It's possible to get a 3.9 GPA and graduate with the highest honor (Summa cum laude: 3.9–4.0 GPA)

However, SNHU will cost a lot more and take longer to do since you can only take 2 classes per term.

Purdue I hear is also easy to achieve high grades but the same situation as SNHU will cost more and take longer to do.

Is SNHU really easy to get a high score? If so, I would choose SNHU. Thank you for your reply
(04-30-2022, 12:37 PM)lulu2022 Wrote: Is SNHU really easy to get a high score? If so, I would choose SNHU. Thank you for your reply

There is no way to answer this question. High grades require work and effort. Just because someone submits a paper does not mean it's an A paper. It can easily be an F paper. We had a few of those in my class today. People didn't follow the rubric or submitted late. Some classes are easier than others. No one can tell you what classes will be easy for you. College isn't designed to be a piece of cake and give everyone a 4.0.
lulu2022 Wrote:Is SNHU really easy to get a high score? If so, I would choose SNHU. Thank you for your reply

@lulu2020 - 美女, SNHU 还可以,但是,UMPI 更好, 别客气. Hey beautiful, SNHU is OK, but UMPI is better, You're welcome.

SNH is online, private school, somewhat more expensive than UMPI in the long run. Both are equally easy to get good grades since you're looking at the Masters in the end. But as a I mentioned earlier, it's best to provide us all your info, we don't need to know your personal details, but details in the template I've sent you twice. Which Masters, as asked a couple times now? Girlfriend... The more answers, the more we can help!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-30-2022, 08:41 AM)lulu2022 Wrote:
Quote:LevelUP's post #6: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid364946

Answered here:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid365381
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 28 5,954 Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 711 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 298 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 683 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 610 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 543 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 297 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 900 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,255 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,878 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74