Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake nursing diploma
Good, authorizes charged 25 people.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2023/...ma-scheme/
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Yup amazing, just saw that on MSN news earlier today, scammers using the pandemic as an avenue of making quick cash.  

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-a...r-AA16K4ds
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm glad they're cracking down and alerting the nursing boards now.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Quoting "Many of those who bought the phony degrees had health care experience, Lapointe said, including licensed practical nurses."

Rather than paying 15k for a fake diploma, they should have tried legit competency based programs, it might even be cheaper than 15k
(01-26-2023, 12:13 PM)sialiblo Wrote: Quoting "Many of those who bought the phony degrees had health care experience, Lapointe said, including licensed practical nurses."

Rather than paying 15k for a fake diploma, they should have tried legit competency based programs, it might even be cheaper than 15k

Sure but they would have had to do real work and delay their gratification.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jsd
(01-26-2023, 12:13 PM)sialiblo Wrote: Quoting "Many of those who bought the phony degrees had health care experience, Lapointe said, including licensed practical nurses."

Cheaper, but longer and harder.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So I'm assuming that 100% of these fake nurses will lose their jobs and possibly face some type of fraud charges.  And if they were ever involved in any negative patient health outcomes (like if someone died) then there's the possibility of lawsuits against the employers (who clearly never did an adequate background check).
(01-27-2023, 08:38 AM)Alpha Wrote: So I'm assuming that 100% of these fake nurses will lose their jobs and possibly face some type of fraud charges.  And if they were ever involved in any negative patient health outcomes (like if someone died) then there's the possibility of lawsuits against the employers (who clearly never did an adequate background check).

I'm guessing they could even be charged in a crime.  There has to be some kind of crime against impersonating a nurse.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-27-2023, 08:38 AM)Alpha Wrote: So I'm assuming that 100% of these fake nurses will lose their jobs and possibly face some type of fraud charges.  And if they were ever involved in any negative patient health outcomes (like if someone died) then there's the possibility of lawsuits against the employers (who clearly never did an adequate background check).

The employers only needed to verify that they were licensed so it would be on the state licensing boards who issued these nurses licenses. However, the state licensing boards would have simply verified that the schools were accredited, which they may have been. In my mind, it comes down to the accrediting agencies and the DOE.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Some of these issues are addressed in this article.  It seems that the nurses are spread out across the country so I guess that all these state jurisdictions will handle the cases variously.
A fake nursing diploma scheme brings 25 arrests in Florida : NPR

This story from Oregon indicates some of the nurses have been arrested and are facing charges.
OR's nursing board aware of about 12 nurses accused of buying fake diplomas (koin.com)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 728 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 620 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,827 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diploma Appearances ThatBankDude 5 1,300 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Beal University Nursing bjcheung77 0 435 04-19-2023, 11:33 AM
  Where is best place to get required immunization for nursing degree martingale2023 16 1,431 03-18-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Silvious
  Fake Affiliations Alpha 1 474 10-01-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 979 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Fake Online University Alpha 7 1,133 06-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Concentration, Major, Minor are mentioned in the diploma? MrPanda 8 1,041 11-14-2021, 01:06 PM