Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior University to Ivey League ---->
About a year ago I discovered this forum after reading a book by Jay Cross. I assume most of you know who he is if you're hacking college.
Thanks to your feedback I was able to not only complete my degree but gain admission into an Ivey League University for Grad school. The Last 8 months have been surreal. I've completed 43 credits in that time. Could've finished earlier, but I had a death in my family that made me take a slower approach to finishing. In the end, I'll be finishing with a BSLA from Excelsior. I entered there with about 79 credits and took most of my CLEPS in one month. I dared to apply to grad school, some pretty big programs too. Got into all of them to my surprise. I thought they would discriminate against my degree coming from my online school. Ultimately, I turned down my admission because I couldn't justify the high tuition prices. I'm sure I would've enjoyed studying there, but I'm against taking out debt for school if it can't be paid off 1 year after graduating. Maybe I'll go there for my Ph.D. one day. Next on my list is a Master's in City Planning and a bachelor's in Electrical Engineering. I will build the cities of tomorrow. They will be high-tech and feature free wifi so people can do school from anywhere, as I did. Shouts out to all the people starting their journey you can do it, we're rooting for you. 

Note: Although my degree says liberal arts, I took a lot of business-related courses because I feel that they're dual serving. You can use them to get a job or in your personal life. Debunking the myth that liberal arts majors are unemployable. I will be the richest person to ever graduate from an online university. No worries though, just going to give the money to social causes. Thanks again. 

The courses I took:

CLEP
PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
INTRODUCTORY PSYCHOLOGY
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT
INFORMATION SYSTEMS
INTRODUCTORY SOCIOLOGY
INTRODUCTORY BUSINESS LAW
PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT

DSST
MONEY AND BANKING

SDC
BUS 311: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
PSYCH 315: PSYCHOLOGY OF MOTIVATION 
SOC: 305 SOCIOLOGY OF WORK

-RichestLiberalArtsMajorEver

BSLA 2023
[-] The following 1 user Likes RichestLiberalArtsMajor's post:
  • frankc
Just an FYI, it's Ivy, not Ivey.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning
What is the Ivy league school you got admission into?
(05-26-2023, 09:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an FYI, it's Ivy, not Ivey.

Autocorrect failed me.
Phil Ivey is the person I love watching play poker, he's so good at it... Anyways, great job! Excelsior and the ones we recommend are RA. They're not extremely popular or well known, but will do the trick at 'checking the box' for most graduate applications. The remainder goes from your previous educational background and/or current situation, if you have a full, strong, application package, it'll make up favorably.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • forkintheroad
what schools did you get admitted into?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 528 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,009 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,728 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,771 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,400 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,140 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,839 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,307 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,370 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior changes alsimko 2 1,099 04-08-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: frankc