Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone's toughest exam was..
I think it will be interesting to see what everyone has to say and maybe it will give a headsup for those about to take the test.
My vote for toughest..microeconomics...
Cool My vote for easiest...social science and history..took it without studying
For some reason, I've found that the exams that were supposed to be easy end up being my harder ones- and the ones that I hear are harder end up being easier! I suppose it has alot to do with how much time I put into them relative to what I expect them to be. So far my easiest exam was one that I was told was very difficult- DSST Business Law 2- I ended up with an 80. In contrast, the exam I did the worst on was supposed to be an easy one- ECE Human Resources- I got a C- my worst grade in any college course! Go figure!Rolleyes
My most difficult exam so far was DANTES Principles of Statistics. I haven't got my score back yet, so I can't even tell you if I passed or not.

But it certainly wasn't my cup of tea! :eek:

CLEP Humanities was difficult in many ways. But I studied hard for it (second only to Statistics in duration of preparation), and ended up with a 73. My high score was not because it was easy, it was because I studied my butt off for it. I basically memorized all the cumulative knowledge acquired by all of humankind since the beginning of time immemorial. LOL (well at least it seemed like it at the time).

The easiest ones for me were:

DANTES
Intro to Computing
Principles of Supervision
Human Resource Management
Here's to Your Health

CLEP
Intro to Sociology
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
Information Systems & Computer Applications
Principles of Management

And of course, Excelsior Information Literacy (what a joke...a big fat expensive joke!) Cool
hunter2115 Wrote:For some reason, I've found that the exams that were supposed to be easy end up being my harder ones- and the ones that I hear are harder end up being easier! I suppose it has alot to do with how much time I put into them relative to what I expect them to be. So far my easiest exam was one that I was told was very difficult- DSST Business Law 2- I ended up with an 80. In contrast, the exam I did the worst on was supposed to be an easy one- ECE Human Resources- I got a C- my worst grade in any college course! Go figure!Rolleyes
What did you use to study for the DSST Business Law 2? Just wondering, because I was reading the Barron's Business Law book, and when I got to Commercial Paper, I felt like my brain had been put through a blender. I spoke to a friend who just finished law school, and he said this was one of the two hardest courses he took. It made me feel better, but not much better. Anyway, I'd like to hear your take on it.
Thanks!
snazzlefrag Wrote:And of course, Excelsior Information Literacy (what a joke...a big fat expensive joke!) Cool
Excelsior's way of milking a little more money with the only course we're required to take. We get to graduate with 121 credits instead of 120. Woohoo!
snazzlefrag Wrote:My most difficult exam so far was DANTES Principles of Statistics. I haven't got my score back yet, so I can't even tell you if I passed or not.

But it certainly wasn't my cup of tea! :eek:

CLEP Humanities was difficult in many ways. But I studied hard for it (second only to Statistics in duration of preparation), and ended up with a 73. My high score was not because it was easy, it was because I studied my butt off for it. I basically memorized all the cumulative knowledge acquired by all of humankind since the beginning of time immemorial. LOL (well at least it seemed like it at the time).

The easiest ones for me were:

DANTES
Intro to Computing
Principles of Supervision
Human Resource Management
Here's to Your Health

CLEP
Intro to Sociology
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
Information Systems & Computer Applications
Principles of Management

And of course, Excelsior Information Literacy (what a joke...a big fat expensive joke!) Cool

What kind of a course is this?? cost? credits? Did you have to take it?
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Toughest: DANTES USSR (Still waiting for results)

Easiet: CLEP Humanities[/COLOR][/SIZE]
RBOWMAN Wrote:What kind of a course is this?? cost? credits? Did you have to take it?

ALL Excelsior graduates have to have passed Information Literacy (except those with a Masters earned since 1996).

It is a 1-credit online course that costs $260. It can basically be completed from start to finish in just a few hours! It is crazy easy!

But you HAVE to take it if you wish to graduate from Excelsior.

When you are used to paying about 70 bucks for 3 credits, $260 is a lot of money for ONE CREDIT! Even Excelsior's own 3-credit exams are only in the $185 range.

Because it is only worth one credit, most Excelsior grads end up with 121 credits. 120 divisible by three...and then one credit on top.

Many people think it is simply a way for Excelsior to increase their guaranteed income without having to actually increase their enrollment fee. I think it would be less of a problem if they just upped the enrollment by $260 and then offered this course for free. I was quite irritated that I had to pay $260 for a silly little ONE CREDIT course that tests whether you know how to do a google search, and what a bibliography is! Grrrrrrrr!

And.....I'm back to my happy place again! Ommmmmmmmmm!
hilarious
Anar, to your question about Bus Law2- I took this exam after BL1 (Clep). For BL2, I used Barrons Bus Law book (again), instacert(again), an old ex- military library Rudmans DSST BL questions and answers book that came highly recommended(found on Ebay), and some internet searches. It just seemed to me that BL 2 was no more difficult than BL1, it was just a continuation with a focus on commercial paper. Again, I think I did well because I had heard it was a hard exam and prepared for it thoroughly.
Anar, I forgot probably the most important source for Business Law 2- the DSST practice exams- well worth the money on this one!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 950 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 671 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 912 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,177 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,412 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,861 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,519 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System bjcheung77 3 1,064 05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Java Exam special gams007 2 841 04-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77