Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics in America practice tests
Hello everybody!

I am currently studying for the Ethics in America DSST and am looking for a good practice test. Does anyone know of any good ones for the new version? Peterson's appear to be the old one (a good 1/4 - 1/3 of the test is the Yes/No questions), so I took it just to try and got 70%, but since I've heard that the new one is more difficult, I was hoping to practice on a little bit newer one also. Any ideas?
"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe...." ~Hebrews 12:28

Tests passed:
CLEP Introductory Psychology: 70
CLEP College Composition: 62
DSST Principles of Public Speaking: 73
CLEP College Mathematics: 69
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature: 78

DSST Environment and Humanity: 61
DSST Ethics in America: 467

Goal: AA from Charter Oak by December 2013
Did you take (pay) for the practice test available from DSST? Last I heard, this was one of the ones available from them. In my opinion practice tests, quizzes, flashcards, whatever you are using, should be used as a guide to indicate whether you have learned the subject matter. The questions that are asked will not be asked on the real test, but they can still be useful in telling you whether you need to study further in certain areas of the subject.
BGSU_Alum_86 Wrote:Did you take (pay) for the practice test available from DSST? Last I heard, this was one of the ones available from them. In my opinion practice tests, quizzes, flashcards, whatever you are using, should be used as a guide to indicate whether you have learned the subject matter. The questions that are asked will not be asked on the real test, but they can still be useful in telling you whether you need to study further in certain areas of the subject.

Where would I find the official practice test? I've looked for it, but haven't been able to locate it. They are $5 per attempt, correct? As far as their purpose, I just like to check whether I am as ready as I think I am (I've been "ready" and then gotten anywhere from 50% - 80% on a practice test Smile). Thanks so much for your reply!
"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe...." ~Hebrews 12:28

Tests passed:

Here's where you find the practice tests from DSST.....https://ibt1.prometric.com/index.asp?ibt=1559717059&

You will have to create an account if you've never done so and it will be the account you use when you actually take the DSST test. The fee is $5 and you get 2 attempts in a 24 hour period.

Hope that helps! Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
HorseManiac Wrote:Here's where you find the practice tests from DSST.....https://ibt1.prometric.com/index.asp?ibt=1559717059&

You will have to create an account if you've never done so and it will be the account you use when you actually take the DSST test. The fee is $5 and you get 2 attempts in a 24 hour period.

Hope that helps! Smile

Okay, that's the link that I have tried, but I get this error message:
Quote: Navigation Error
Quote: This domain name has resolved to a Prometric server, but the domain name does not match any of our established domains. If you are attempting to reach Prometric Internet Based Testing, please contact ip.helpdesk@prometric.com.

I do have an account, since I have taken a DSST previously, but I can't seem to get into it right now :p I'll try e-mailing the help desk and see if they can don anything. Thanks for the help!

Tests passed:

Trying to link directly to that page never works Rolleyes You can navigate to it from this page. Just scroll down and click on the link that says "take a practice exam."
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Is it ethical to take a practice test in ethics? It is unethical to accept a passing score in ethics if you feel like you passed by luck and not knowledge?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Westerner Wrote:Trying to link directly to that page never works Rolleyes You can navigate to it from this page. Just scroll down and click on the link that says "take a practice exam."

:hurray:It worked! Okay, now I am logged in and looking at the candidate menu, but the only test taking option I see is the actual tests. Am I missing something?

Quote: Originally posted by clep3705

Is it ethical to take a practice test in ethics? It is unethical to accept a passing score in ethics if you feel like you passed by luck and not knowledge?

Is it ethical to take an ethics exam without first checking to see if you actually know the information? Wink

Tests passed:

If you look at it from a strictly Utilitarian perspective, it is all ethical. If you look at it from a Divine Command Theory perspective, it doesn't matter: You are guilty anyway. Smile
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
UptonSinclair Wrote:If you look at it from a strictly Utilitarian perspective, it is all ethical. If you look at it from a Divine Command Theory perspective, it doesn't matter: You are guilty anyway. Smile

Brilliant.:iagree:

Tests passed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 463 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 628 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Education Is Now America’s Great Divide LevelUP 2 343 10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Books that Shaped America Charles Fout 2 303 09-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 738 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 914 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  How America Pays For College Alpha 0 667 11-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 955 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  College For America Is Dead harrypotter 10 1,681 06-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 769 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser