Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employment Opportunities in Online Schools
I am curious if anyone has explored working with any of the colleges discussed on the forums. Since I have now finished my degree, I am starting to look at different opportunities, especially remote options. It would be an interesting idea to be just a small part of helping others advance too.
Just a thought.
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

Only because I was recently researching regarding University of the People, I've read they are looking for volunteer instructors, not much info just a sign-up form with basic details:
https://signup.uopeople.edu/?form=Instructor
or general volunteers: https://signup.uopeople.edu/?form=Volunteer
That's an interesting option, various positions or things to do if you get the volunteer gig or paid position, I wonder if there are any options available at other institutions other than the ones we mentioned on the sister board or on this forum... A few members on the sister board keeps updating the 'growing' list of careers/jobs available, but some of them have Masters/PhD requirements, so it's back to the drawing board for me (at least for now).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-25-2023, 05:23 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote: I am curious if anyone has explored working with any of the colleges discussed on the forums. Since I have now finished my degree, I am starting to look at different opportunities, especially remote options. It would be an interesting idea to be just a small part of helping others advance too.
Just a thought.

I know at least one member was wanting to work at UMPI. Unfortunately, despite their ad not really saying so, they only seem to hire residents of Maine for the entirely-online positions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-26-2023, 12:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 05:23 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote: I am curious if anyone has explored working with any of the colleges discussed on the forums. Since I have now finished my degree, I am starting to look at different opportunities, especially remote options. It would be an interesting idea to be just a small part of helping others advance too.
Just a thought.

I know at least one member was wanting to work at UMPI. Unfortunately, despite their ad not really saying so, they only seem to hire residents of Maine for the entirely-online positions.

I think that might actually be a more general rule for state university systems. Penn State is the same, and so is one of the southern ones. Something to do with them being state-funded land grants, the workers are technically state gov employees. It's also one of the reasons World Campus grad students can't TA or RA even if the position is technically remote.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schools in America Now Becoming More Insane Than North Korea LevelUP 20 2,439 09-26-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,480 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 514 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The middlemen of online higher ed article cardiacclep 0 431 12-31-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 468 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Faced with a desperate skills shortage, tech leaders plead for CS reform in schools MNomadic 5 739 07-19-2022, 06:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Southern China new hotspot for British schools bjcheung77 3 1,032 04-09-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Globeducate acquires three schools in Europe bjcheung77 1 820 03-30-2021, 05:51 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Almost $250 Billion Growth in Online Education bjcheung77 0 667 02-17-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Employment Question Alpha 3 1,077 01-22-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: davewill