Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EASIEST CLEP/DSST for elective credit...
Sorry if this is lazy of me but I'm 30, working full-time and trying to get a degree as quickly as I can.

(I'm actually getting two bachelor's degrees, BA-Management and BS-Business.)

I have roughly 24 elective credits still needed. My school accepts all CLEP & DSST exams so which ones would you say were the easiest to take, that I could hopefully blow through this summer?

Thank in advance!

Jessika
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
For CLEP, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature is very easy for some people. I am going to take it with only 3 hours of studying.

Intro Psychology and Intro Sociology are easy for most people.

Otherwise, what are you good at? Math? History?

Spanish, French, or German if you had at least a year of any of them Smile

The health DSST is really easy. Also the computing one asks questions like what is a printer? LOL.

Think about what you actually need. History?

You aren't going to TESU?

Ideas Wrote:Spanish, French, or German if you had at least a year of any of them Smile

The health DSST is really easy. Also the computing one asks questions like what is a printer? LOL.

Think about what you actually need. History?

You aren't going to TESU?

I'm not going to TESU, I discovered the world of CLEP & DSST after I started at Golden Gate University. It's super expensive but I really like it so I'm going to stick with it and take as many CLEP/DSST exams as I can.

I have other requirements to be covered by exams - history, algebra, accounting, finance, etc. Just trying to think of other *easy* ones to take to knock out the elective credits.

Oh and I'm already planning on taking Spanish - 9 credits plus now I'm bilingual?? Sign me up!
Ideas Wrote:For CLEP, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature is very easy for some people. I am going to take it with only 3 hours of studying.

Intro Psychology and Intro Sociology are easy for most people.

Otherwise, what are you good at? Math? History?

Thanks! I took A&T Literature already, for my literature requirement.

I am NOT good at history, and I have to take most math & business exams already for my major requirements. I was thinking Here's to your Health and Substance Abuse had relevant information I could actually use. Can you think of others that seemed so "common sense" you could have taken with little studying?
Intro to Management and Intro to Marketing are both considered the two easiest cleps.

Also, College Composition, if you're fairly decent in English. I also liked Social Science and History. It's easy if you have taken some history and psych classes before. If you have a lot of knowledge of Arts, books, or the theater, Humanities may be fairly easy, as well.

Some of these cleps are worth 6 credits each, so check your college to see what their equivalencies are.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
jessikalauren Wrote:Thanks! I took A&T Literature already, for my literature requirement.

I am NOT good at history, and I have to take most math & business exams already for my major requirements. I was thinking Here's to your Health and Substance Abuse had relevant information I could actually use. Can you think of others that seemed so "common sense" you could have taken with little studying?

I personally thought Human Growth and Development was mostly common sense, but then again, I do have small children so I'm more familiar with the basics. If you have taken Psychology, then I thought Educational Psychology would be really easy to pick up, especially if you have ever been around small children.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Here's a link that may help - they rank the exams by level of difficulty:

Clep Difficulty List - Free-Clep-Prep.com

DSST Difficulty List - Free-Clep-Prep.com

I took Management and Marketing CLEP's, and Computers and Personal Finance DSST's. I passed them all without studying, and thought they were fairly easy, but then again, I did have some background (either work experience or courses I'd taken) so that influenced how I did.

I took classes at GGU myself, and really enjoyed it - they are a very good school. BUT, they are extremely expensive ($660/cr - YIKES!). You might want to consider taking a few courses from them, but ultimately taking the rest of your courses inexpensively and transferring to TESU to graduate. It would save you MANY thousands of dollars.

Good luck.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 656 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 489 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 314 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 596 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,125 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic