Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb question
Can I enrol into Thomas Edisons bachelor degree program without a AA degree? How does that process work? I do have many credits to transfer but currently no degree. Will they simply take all my credits and hand over an AA degree if I have all the classes I need and set me up into the BA degree program?
Cleps Passed: (36) English Comp w/essay, Freshman Comp, A & I Lit, Princ of Management, , College Math, Humanities, US History 1 and US History 2, Marketing

Dantes Passed: (48) Astronomy, Supervision, Bus. Math, Intro to Bus, Human Resource Management, Ethics in America, Tech Writing, Intro to Computing, World Religions, Personal Finance, Intro to LE, Org Behavior, Environment & Humanity, Here's to your Health and Criminal Justice.

Traditional: (43)

FEMA: (13)

Military: (70+)
I'm sure you can enroll in a Bachelors's Program without an Associates.

They MAY find your accumulated credits enough for an AA degree right off the bat. Did you look at the requirements on their website for a particular AA degree?

Probably the best/easiest thing to do is to pay TESC the application fee, send in all your transcripts, and have them evaluate your situation. Then you know EXACTLY where you stand.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Greggy_D Wrote:I'm sure you can enroll in a Bachelors's Program without an Associates.

They MAY find your accumulated credits enough for an AA degree right off the bat. Did you look at the requirements on their website for a particular AA degree?

Probably the best/easiest thing to do is to pay TESC the application fee, send in all your transcripts, and have them evaluate your situation. Then you know EXACTLY where you stand.

Greggy is right. You don't need an AA first. They offer it as a choice, but many people in this world enroll directly in a university and never have the choice of earning the AA. It's really up to you. (I decided to do it- there is a thread here somewhere)

If you apply to TESC you will have to write on your application the degree you are interested in- you can always change later- but they can't just evaluate credits without a degree goal in mind. Select the BA on your application- the AA is easy to figure out because the credit distribution will be the exact same thing- only fewer in each categor. (you'll see what I mean if you compare both- but if you decide on the Business degree, this IS NOT the case).

Also, you CAN enroll in both. That's what I did! I had enrolled for my BA, but when I decided to get my AA too, I added it to my plan. Both evals appear in my student file- so I can view both online at any time. I should mention that the only disadvantages of doing both are that you will have to pay a second graduation fee of $250, and your graduations can't be at the same time. So if you get your AA in June, you'll have to get your BA in September.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,761 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,588 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,724 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,786 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 2,018 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 2,054 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,878 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,062 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 2,024 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,695 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201