Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone else forget they were being watched while taking a Proctor U test?
Or am I the only looney?

I was answering a forum question about TECEPs and I started to vividly remember how much typing went into Strategic Management. When I took that test, and a couple of others that required essays, I talked to myself while testing. Decision making and planning comes easier to me when I discuss things with another person. When I'm alone and need to make decisions, I talk in a low but conversational tone to puzzle it all out.

And I caught myself doing it more than a few times during TECEPs. The ProctorU folks must think I've got a screw loose.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
I often talk to myself to get my brain working during long tests. I'm sure it happens all the time.
Finished: BA Liberal Studies TESU 2016

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
I frequently talk out loud when I'm trying to work a problem out in my head. I wish society thought that was acceptable. I'd feel much better about it. LOL My son is the one that always looks at me out of the corner of his teenage eye like I'm craaaaaaaaaayzaaaaaaaaaaay.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
I talk to myself or my dogs all the time (as if they completely understand what I'm saying). Talked to my kids when they were babies the same way. Made me feel like I wasn't a crazy person!

I took the Applied Math TECEP and used my ONE piece of paper to do all the problems (the test guide said "a blank sheet of paper" so that's what ProctorU allowed!), I was all hunched over working those problems, and the Proctor came on and asked me who I was talking to (I said "myself") and then asked me to make sure that I kept my face towards the camera during the exam. I said "sorry, but this is a math exam, and I'm working all 69 problems on my ONE sheet of paper in tiny print, so you'll have to be ok with not being able to see my face every second since I can't look at your camera and my paper at the same time!" They left me alone after that...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Part of my job is designing SQL based reports I and often sit there chatting away to myself when I'm trying to work through problems. Colleagues start off laughing at me but they soon get used to it. I say it's either a sign of madness or genius, take your pick!
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
Leedeedee Wrote:Part of my job is designing SQL based reports I and often sit there chatting away to myself when I'm trying to work through problems. Colleagues start off laughing at me but they soon get used to it. I say it's either a sign of madness or genius, take your pick!

at least you aren't wearing headphones listening to Pandora radio and singing out loud
not that I've ever done that of course Smile

then there was the time I was at a REALLY boring meeting at work with 6 or 7 other people --- and there was really no reason for me to be there at this stage of planning
so after about 15 minutes of sitting there staring at the wall I noticed a paper clip on the table
I unfolded it so one end so stuck out like a little "barrel" and he other end a "handle"
I then proceeded to "pew pew" random things in the room - cups, phones, lights ...

complete with sound effects of course -- pew pew --- pew pew pew

after a few seconds I noticed people were looking at me
DOH
I hung my head in embarrassment and laughter at the same time LOL
You are all so my peeps! Love it!

dfrecore - really. one sheet of paper. for 69 math problems. and you weren't supposed to look down? (insert meme of Pulp Fiction confused John Travolta here)
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Yes, in the form of picking my nose :O
plainsneech Wrote:Yes, in the form of picking my nose :O

hilarious Really eh?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Usually, when I talk to myself and someone notices it, I'll say it's the only way I can get any intelligent conversation around here. (Folks are used to my snarkiness.) Unfortunately, there have been times when my thoughts took voice, AND the person I was commenting about/telling off in my head was right there.

Whew! I need to get my mouth wired shut. No more unintended comments voiced, and I might lose some weight.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,418 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  College Algebra no Proctor smilingtimes 11 2,266 09-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: QuickDegree223
  Science pre-reqs with No Proctor MeangreenMBA 2 599 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Proctor U (Proctor FU) with Coopersmith... still just as bad studyingfortests 11 1,887 05-22-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 931 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  What have others used to write the Spanish letters/characters while taking ACTFL? Insert Name 3 611 06-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 838 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  An Investigation Finds That Millions of Students Are Taking on Dangerous BNPL Debt LevelUP 4 805 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: rachel83az