Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Plus
Hey everyone,
My name is John Loesch. I don't know who is enrolled in College Plus or any other organization like that but I have a promotion code that will allow whoever signs up for College Plus to receive $50 dollars off tuition for the first year. The code is 4292. This organization is great. I get a call once a week from a coach who has my degree mapped out and informs me of the tests to take. If anyone has any questions let me know.
sammi loesch
I don't understand the point.
Previous Credits:
Traditional 57
CLEP English w/essay 6
Heriot-Watt MBA 7 Modules + 1 Tenative Compensatory Pass

IC Study Credits:
Info. Systems & Comp Apps. CLEP 68
Principles of Marketing CLEP 79
Principles of Management CLEP 73
Working On B.S. Marketing from Excelsior & finishing MBA from Heriot-Watt
Total Credits to Date: 86
Im already enrolled in collage plus. Isnt a promo code used before you enroll into collage plus?
If you are already enrolled in say excelsior, what does this offer?
Previous Credits:
Traditional 57
CLEP English w/essay 6
Heriot-Watt MBA 7 Modules + 1 Tenative Compensatory Pass

IC Study Credits:
Info. Systems & Comp Apps. CLEP 68
Principles of Marketing CLEP 79
Principles of Management CLEP 73
Working On B.S. Marketing from Excelsior & finishing MBA from Heriot-Watt
Total Credits to Date: 86
It's a Christian organization that offers you a coach and spiritual counseling to guide you through a distance learning degree--usually through Thomas Edison State College it appears. There are several members in this forum.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
CollegePlus is basically an advisor. They have someone help you map out your degree template, give you suggestions on which order to take certain courses, help you choose electives, provide study resource suggestions for courses, guide you through the enrollment process, etc. You have a coach assigned to you that you can ask questions of any time and you speak together on the phone periodically (usually I just do it once a month) to see how you're doing, what things you need help on, etc. The coach is both an advisor and, to some extent, a means of accountability.

If you're already enrolled in a college and already have an advisor, you wouldn't need them. But if you're feeling your way along in the dark on your own and wish somebody could kind of hold your hand and give you some direction, College Plus is helpful.

It's really been nice for me because they've saved me hours of research and hassle. They've greatly simplified the college process--all I have to do is study! Big Grin

And yes, they work with Thomas Edison.
The websit is collegeplus.org
sammi loesch
Quote:CollegePlus is basically an advisor. They have someone help you map out your degree template, give you suggestions on which order to take certain courses, help you choose electives, provide study resource suggestions for courses, guide you through the enrollment process, etc. You have a coach assigned to you that you can ask questions of any time and you speak together on the phone periodically (usually I just do it once a month) to see how you're doing, what things you need help on, etc. The coach is both an advisor and, to some extent, a means of accountability.

If you're already enrolled in a college and already have an advisor, you wouldn't need them. But if you're feeling your way along in the dark on your own and wish somebody could kind of hold your hand and give you some direction, College Plus is helpful.

I know I'm walking on razor thin ice here so I'll tread carefully. From what you've written, and what I've read on this and other forums, it would seem that all they do is what a student counselor does for free. I followed the above link and found that their service cost $2599.00:eek: or the cost of appx. 43 CLEP or Dantes tests.

CollegePlus!

Is there something else they do to earn this money besides talk?...like take the test for you?Big Grin Just trying to get my mind around the reason to use them. I'm sure other people here have the same question. EC counselors talked to me before I was even a student there...for free.

No offence meant, like cinderly, I am very curious. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Well, to get off the razor thin ice, let's look at it this way. It's a service. You can get a manual, find the parts and fix your car yourself--or you can pay for a mechanic. You can change your own oil or you can pay more and someone will change it for you. You can offer your house for sale "by owner" and save thousands in commissions and do all the work yourself, or you can hire a real estate agent. You can go to the grocery store and buy a bunch of ingredients and take them home to prepare a meal, or you can pay more and eat at a restaurant.

Sometimes it's easy to forget how befuddling this all can be when one first learns about the alternatives available to obtaining a college degree. If you're already on this board, chances are very good that YOU are a driven, self-directing person who can figure things out for yourself. Others need some help. It appears that CollegePlus exploits the $$ gap between the expensive traditional route and the relatively inexpensive "big 3" route. In other words, you can spend a little and do it yourself, or spend a little more--but still much less than most traditional degrees--and have an "advisor."

I don't know anything beyond what I've read on the CollegePlus site and this forum--but that's what I get from it. Additionally, it appears to be an outgrowth of the Christian home-schooling movement and to the extent that you remain part of that community in a formalized program I would think that has some value to people. Finally, if I understand the CollegePlus plan, they are also providing a connection for job experience and maybe missionary work--the theory being that their program is superior to a traditional program because you come out of it with your degree (in less time) AND work experience.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
Makes sense...... it seems we have to do a better job of getting the word out that people can do this themselves and save a bucket of money.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 310 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor