Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Credits for Work only
I already have a BSN and have no desire to get an MSN.  However, we have a career ladder program at work that pays a bonus each year if you do certain things.  One of the point categories is college courses.  I can get 1 point for a 3 credit hour course, max is 3 points so 9 credit hours.  It can be any course.  I need cheap.  I thought about transcribing FEMAs at FCC, but at $88 a credit x 9 credits, thats 792.00 (not cost effective).  Need it to be around $400-500 max.

The courses need to be dated as completed so I would have to take new Fema courses and transcribe those.  My other thought was re-enroll in TESC (not where my degree is from but I'm a previous student), take a TECEP.  I have no knowledge of the new MOOCs or Saylor, Study, etc. or how those come in to play.  It would be great if I could have those transcribed at TESC or somewhere as actual courses or at least look like actual courses.  Credit banking is way too expensive.  CLEP and DSSTs are out because they want an actual college transcript with a completion date.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know how COSC and Excelsior transcribe transfer courses, but TESU will not put completion dates for transfer courses on their transcript. All three schools will list the origin of transfer credits on their transcripts. I think ACE puts completion dates on their transcripts, but ACE is not a college. The cheapest and fastest way to get credits that look like college courses is to take TECEPs or Uexcels.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-13-2017, 05:16 AM)rn2bsn Wrote: I already have a BSN and have no desire to get an MSN.  However, we have a career ladder program at work that pays a bonus each year if you do certain things.  One of the point categories is college courses.  I can get 1 point for a 3 credit hour course, max is 3 points so 9 credit hours.  It can be any course.  I need cheap.  I thought about transcribing FEMAs at FCC, but at $88 a credit x 9 credits, thats 792.00 (not cost effective).  Need it to be around $400-500 max.

The courses need to be dated as completed so I would have to take new Fema courses and transcribe those.  My other thought was re-enroll in TESC (not where my degree is from but I'm a previous student), take a TECEP.  I have no knowledge of the new MOOCs or Saylor, Study, etc. or how those come in to play.  It would be great if I could have those transcribed at TESC or somewhere as actual courses or at least look like actual courses.  Credit banking is way too expensive.  CLEP and DSSTs are out because they want an actual college transcript with a completion date.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to Sanantone's suggestions, I have one for you too.

The Learner.org / Annenberg Media professional development courses are CHEAP ($103/credit max 5 per semester) -which I know is more than $88 that FCC charges, but hang with me for a second.
These will go on a transcript at Colorado State University and based on a video series you watch on your computer. You submit a portfolio for the credit. These credits are GRADUATE credit, so while you don't see yourself going for a master's, you would have these sitting there in your pocket should you ever change your mind. As far as I know, there are no other graduate credit options anywhere near this price. You can choose from the ones with Education prefix, or Science prefix - but those are the only 2 categories.

https://www.learner.org/workshops/graduate_credit.html

And because you're going to ask "but where would I use graduate transfer credit?" I want to share that American Public University (RA) will accept up to 15 credits in transfer toward a master's degree. They have a handful of nurse-friendly master's options like Nurse Educator or Public Health. http://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/schools...ences.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 307 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP