Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?*
Question 
I finished a bachelor's degree at Excelsior University. I eked by, very unhappy with them. The classes I took felt like mind-numbing busy work with a bunch of pointless discussion forums, they goofed my financial aid, they bumped my degree conferral date, and they were just painful to get any helpful info from. So, I don't want to go there for an MA.

But, I do want a master.s In literally anything. Master's in Arts, Master's in Science... 

My literal only requirement is that it be accredited... ideally regionally.

MBA, Master's in Marketing, Master's in Organizational Leadership, or Master's in Public Relations, or anything.

I've been Googling "master's degrees online under $10,000" but haven't found many good options. I don't even care if it's 20K if they allow federal financial aid (federal grad student loans) if it's a master's in something that would boost my career. I'm on the edge of entry-level and mid-career. I eventually want to be an online professor or online TA/grader for some bottom-tier online university (APUS?), so I need *some* master's degree. I don't want to take the GRE or GMAT and have a 3+ GPA (and come with 12 graduate credits with a 3.5+ graduate GPA already). I'm wanting a 1-2 year program, no internships/externships, or that non-sense. I prefer it to have a practical project, not a thesis, but can deal with a thesis if I'm attending literally any college other than Excelsior.

My current contenders in Master's in Marketing/Comm/PR are:
- Wichita State University, approx $9K
- Arkansas State University, approx $11K
- California Coast University, approx $11K

Any advice for me? Any good marketing/PR/comm/journalism programs I'm missing? Anything just crazy cheap? A master's in underwater basketweaving for <$10K is one I would consider... so long as it's not at Excelsior. I have had University of the People's MBA in consideration at about $5K, but they're not regionally accredited.
[-] The following 3 users Like profstudent's post:
  • Darknigh7, housecat, MFG
Hellenic American University MBA is 3K. School is regionally accredited.
[-] The following 5 users Like KaraStarbuck's post:
  • allvia, indigoshuffle, jg_nuy, MFG, profstudent
WGU has a master's in marketing or MBA for under 5k that can be completed in one term.
https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...grams.html

University of Illinois iMSM under $12k
https://giesonline.illinois.edu/explore-...management
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 5 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Darknigh7, housecat, indigoshuffle, origamishuttle, profstudent
(01-30-2024, 09:30 PM)profstudent Wrote: I finished a bachelor's degree at Excelsior University. I eked by, very unhappy with them. The classes I took felt like mind-numbing busy work with a bunch of pointless discussion forums, they goofed my financial aid, they bumped my degree conferral date, and they were just painful to get any helpful info from. So, I don't want to go there for an MA.

But, I do want a master.s In literally anything. Master's in Arts, Master's in Science... 

MBA, Master's in Marketing, Master's in Organizational Leadership, or Master's in Public Relations, or anything.

I've been Googling "master's degrees online under $10,000" but haven't found many good options. I don't even care if it's 20K if they allow federal financial aid (federal grad student loans) if it's a master's in something that would boost my career. I'm on the edge of entry-level and mid-career. I eventually want to be an online professor or online TA/grader for some bottom-tier online university (APUS?), so I need *some* master's degree. I don't want to take the GRE or GMAT and have a 3+ GPA (and come with 12 graduate credits with a 3.5+ graduate GPA already). I'm wanting a 1-2 year program, no internships/externships, or that non-sense. I prefer it to have a practical project, not a thesis, but can deal with a thesis if I'm attending literally any college other than Excelsior.

Any advice for me? Any good marketing/PR/comm/journalism programs I'm missing? Anything just crazy cheap? A master's in underwater basketweaving for <$10K is one I would consider... so long as it's not at Excelsior. I have had University of the People's MBA in consideration at about $5K, but they're not regionally accredited.
WHY not GGU?They are cheap. U.K master degree (top up)is also a good choice .Maube these choices can help you.
Golden Gate University (ggu.edu)
Unimarconi International – Unimarconi International
international.ucam.edu
硕士学位课程 |印第安纳大学国际应用科技大学 --- Masterstudiengänge | IU Internationale Hochschule
[-] The following 2 users Like Xin's post:
  • housecat, profstudent
Master of Education online from Acacia University (National accredited) is just 5k

https://www.acacia.edu/masters-degree/
[-] The following 1 user Likes armado's post:
  • profstudent
You can get so many different Nationally Accredited degrees for 5K or less, but you should stick with the RA options provided in this thread and other threads you may search for: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...der-1-Year
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • housecat, origamishuttle, profstudent
UMass Global MAOL for $3700/ 6 month session. Can be done in 4 months

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
-
Joe
[-] The following 3 users Like NotJoeBiden's post:
  • origamishuttle, profstudent, WALLACEMC11
(01-30-2024, 10:47 PM)armado Wrote: Master of Education online from Acacia University (National accredited) is just 5k

https://www.acacia.edu/masters-degree/

This is only for certified teachers who are currently teaching.  You have to have access to a classroom and experience teaching.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Does anyone know of online master's (any major but nursing) for those who hold an associate degree? Prefer US accredited school.
(01-30-2024, 09:30 PM)profstudent Wrote: I finished a bachelor's degree at Excelsior University. I eked by, very unhappy with them. The classes I took felt like mind-numbing busy work with a bunch of pointless discussion forums, they goofed my financial aid, they bumped my degree conferral date, and they were just painful to get any helpful info from. So, I don't want to go there for an MA.

Jindal in India has courses via Coursera and a variety of Master's in fields as Business, International Relations, etc. Costs are ~ USD $6,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._P._Jind...University
Ongoing:
MBA/MA Philosophy.
University of Mary, North Dakota.2024-

MLS Public Administration.
Interdisciplinary Liberal and Political Science Studies.
Fort Hays State University, Kansas. 2025-

Completed:
BA. Business, Economics, Education Studies, Psychology. 
Minors in Philosophy/History, Mathematics/Natural Sciences. 
USNY Regents College (now Excelsior University), New York. 1979, revalidated 1988.

Self-Development:
Associate Arts/Sciences-level studies. Philosophy, Government, Sociology, Computers. 
St. Petersburg College, Florida. 2013-2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFG's post:
  • profstudent

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,768 562,057 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 316 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 335 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 19,006 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 16 666 04-23-2024, 10:43 AM
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 307 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 320 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 345 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,272 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 376 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM