Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest current BSBA from scratch?
Hello All, I'm looking to get started, have no credits.  I'm really just looking for the cheapest option for a bachelor's degree in business, focus in tech, telecom, or computers/information would be nice but not a must. I have no idea where to start, a u help would be appreciated.
Are you in the US? (this can make a difference in your options, as some programs do not take those outside the US)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Yes, I am in the US. North Carolina to be specific, dont know if that makes a difference.
Your fastest/cheapest is going to be WGU (if you can finish in 1 term, $3,370; if you can finish in 2 terms it's $6,740), followed by COSC ($$6,700-7,000) & EC ($7,000), then TESU ($8,500).

These are all comparing apples-to-apples: they all include a rough estimate of $100 per course, but you can get that down do a lot less with free courses, inexpensive options, coupons, etc.

With WGU, it's a little different in that the costs includes all courses, but I'm not certain if someone starting with 0 credits will be able to complete the program in 1-2 terms; I think it may be better to take courses that you can, and then transfer in and start the program with 90cr, enough to be able to do the remaining 30cr of the program in 1 term. But it just depends on what you want to do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • acamp
(02-22-2019, 01:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Your fastest/cheapest is going to be WGU (if you can finish in 1 term, $3,370; if you can finish in 2 terms it's $6,740), followed by COSC ($$6,700-7,000) &  EC ($7,000), then TESU ($8,500).

These are all comparing apples-to-apples: they all include a rough estimate of $100 per course, but you can get that down do a lot less with free courses, inexpensive options, coupons, etc.

With WGU, it's a little different in that the costs includes all courses, but I'm not certain if someone starting with 0 credits will be able to complete the program in 1-2 terms; I think it may be better to take courses that you can, and then transfer in and start the program with 90cr, enough to be able to do the remaining 30cr of the program in 1 term.  But it just depends on what you want to do.

I've seen people post in the Facebook and Reddit WGU forums about having completed a bachelor's degree from WGU within 2 terms (12 months) starting with few or no credits. So it is doable but does require a significant amount of dedication (and free time). To finish in 2 terms from scratch requires completing 3-4 courses per month on average. Most people who complete a bachelor's degree from WGU in 1 term are starting with a significant number of transfer credits. 

However, I agree with dfrecore... to be sure of finishing within a single term, it's better to figure out what courses apply to your WGU program of choice and then take up to 30 courses from alternate options like Study.com and Straighterline. That way, you can just finish the last 10 courses at WGU, which will be easy to complete in a single term (6 months). The trick here is making sure you know which ones are eligible for transfer as some courses cannot be transferred in. At an average of $100 per alt. ed course, you'll be spending up to $3,000 or so completing the first 90 credits, which is on par with 1 term at WGU, but you can take more than 6 months to complete them if you need to spread them out more.

Also note, you can transfer courses to WGU up until you're officially enrolled and ready to begin classes. Once you start your first term at WGU you cannot transfer in anything more. So if you're interested in supplementing your WGU studies with alt. education, you need to do it before you are ready to begin at WGU.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • suzycupcake
Thanks for the responses. Are there any degree plans for BSBA from WGU on here?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 356 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,934 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Fastest/cheapest second bachelor’s degree Lingo55 19 4,822 04-30-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,356 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cheapest Bachelors Degree Alpha 22 4,303 05-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advice for 16 year old American-BSBA Online from Southeast Asia schlocker 6 2,011 12-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: schlocker
  Cheapest RA or NA bachelor degree options StoicJ 19 3,448 10-11-2020, 04:17 PM
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 927 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
  Public colleges with cheapest out-of-state tuition Life Long Learning 6 1,310 05-31-2020, 12:49 PM
Last Post: ss20ts