Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Upper Level Credits?
Hi all, 
I know this has been asked before but I am currently looking for the CHEAPEST upper level courses to take to fill out the requirements for my BALS degree. What courses do you suggest that are low cost? Easy maybe? 
Thanks  Smile
It depends on what school you're looking at. If it's for TESU, then here's what's available. Generally, they're all about the same price:
DSST exams (Money and Banking, Substance Abuse, History of the Soviet Union, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity)
UExcel has a bunch
DAVAR has a couple in the "Business Class" pricing that are BALS (PHI-370: Business Ethics & CIS-315: Management Information Systems) - I think they're $49 each + proctoring fees
Study.com has a lot, they are 2 courses for $200 in a month, plus you can take up to 3 additional exams in a month for $70 each
Ed4Credit has 3, but they have to be completed before 12/31 (PSY 340: Abnormal Psychology, PSY 375: Aging & Society, CSC 300: Managing Information Systems)
Coopersmith has a bunch, even grad-level credits, for $50/cr
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43, JWells247, suzycupcake
According to my Advisor, fundamentals of cyber security is no longer coming in as upper level credit.
(12-18-2019, 08:07 PM)bahman1993 Wrote: According to my Advisor, fundamentals of cyber security is no longer coming in as upper level credit.

That's strange, because it's UL per ACE.

Sometimes, Advisors don't know what things come in as, because they don't see this side of things.  The registrar gives things credits, usually based on ACE.

For instance, maybe a student took a cybersecurity course at a CC, or a LL one through Study.com - the advisor may see those on a student's transcript and think, "hmmm, I guess cybersecurity is LL now?"  They aren't in the know on a lot of this stuff, so I'd take what they say with a grain of salt, and try to get confirmation through some additional sources.

Also, for some reason, TESU took that exam off of their DSST listing, so you can't confirm there, unfortunately.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I reached out specifically for feedback on the equivalency for the Cybersecurity DSST since I was trying to use it for an UL AOS credit. The Advisor I spoke with believed it would come in as UL, but emailed me with a followup after a phone conversation with the following: 

"I just heard from whom I reached out to.  They made a mistake on the website.  The New equivalency is CIS-244 and they never made the correction on website."
Don't forget about Death Investiagation from TEEX. For $75 it is a great deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like KUJO's post:
  • dfrecore, JWells247
(12-20-2019, 06:08 PM)KUJO Wrote: Don't forget about Death Investiagation from TEEX. For $75 it is a great deal.

and the hands on lab is great Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • mysonx3, suzycupcake
(12-20-2019, 06:08 PM)KUJO Wrote: Don't forget about Death Investiagation from TEEX. For $75 it is a great deal.

I keep forgetting about that one.
I might have missed it but didn't see a mention of TECEPs like Abnormal Psychology or Network Communications.
Hi I want to know do you know if there is possible cheap cybersecurity foundation upper level course.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 213 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 336 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 499 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,564 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 527 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,031 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 642 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 826 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 446 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM