Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancelling.
Hey everyone just making this thread because im cancelling my IC.

Ive now failed five test and am no longer going to kidd myself into thinking I can pass them. I will just have to take them all online, and spend months of my time =\.

So thanks to everyone who tried to help me :\
SIMPLY_HUGO Wrote:Hey everyone just making this thread because im cancelling my IC.

Ive now failed five test and am no longer going to kidd myself into thinking I can pass them. I will just have to take them all online, and spend months of time wasting =\.

Hey, I'm sorry to hear of your decision, but maybe everybody can come up with a game plan for you. I have not passed a few exams myself and ofcourse was upset and felt like a failure. You have to just look at the bigger picture my friend and figure out where you went wrong, and apply it to the next test. Don't give up!! "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why..........I succeed" - Michael Jordan That is the background of my computer Big Grin I look at it everyday
You're military, they are free, and TA is horrible limiting. If you failed 5 CLEP's, you need to worry about how to pass the 6th one. Like campbell already said, let's figure out a gameplan for you instead of giving up.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
SIMPLY_HUGO Wrote:Hey everyone just making this thread because im cancelling my IC.

Ive now failed five test and am no longer going to kidd myself into thinking I can pass them. I will just have to take them all online, and spend months of my time =\.

Do not give up!!!

Lets try to figure this out.

1. Did you take tests you had some background in ?

2. Did take tests in subjects you found interesting ?

3. What did you use to prepare and how much time did you study ?

4. What is your learning style ? Are you an auditory learner, kinestetic,etc..
Do you learn best by rote, with music, video's on a computer, reading a book, etc...
How much time do you usually give yourself to study for a test?
peace123 Wrote:Do not give up!!!

Lets try to figure this out.

1. Did you take tests you had some background in ?

2. Did take tests in subjects you found interesting ?

3. What did you use to prepare and how much time did you study ?

4. What is your learning style ? Are you an auditory learner, kinestetic,etc..
Do you learn best by rote, with music, video's on a computer, reading a book, etc...

Auditory and hands on. I hear something once its stuck in my head. I used IC and the "official clep study guide" <-- official my a#$ I missed 5 out of 97 on that test. Got a 44 on the clep.

I give myself 2-3 weeks of studying 2-3 hours or so a day.

Also I know it is free for me, but its not about the money. Its that crappy feeling after I hit submit and realize I have failed again. Then the little lady running it has to tell me for the fifth time what I already know "you can retake this in 180 days" etc.
SIMPLY_HUGO Wrote:Auditory and hands on. I hear something once its stuck in my head. I used IC and the "official clep study guide" <-- official my a#$ I missed 5 out of 97 on that test. Got a 44 on the clep.

I give myself 2-3 weeks of studying 2-3 hours or so a day.

Ok so let work with this new info.

Being an auditory learner, have you tried any of the IC study material that is in the new format that has sound ? I am not sure how many have been done with sound but find one you like and try it. Also supplement with videos or books on tape that are in that subject. Check put utube , your library, netflix, blockbuster online , etc. , look online for interactive computer learning experiences, etc.

Also , being a hands on learner may mean you need to use your hands to learn. My son was like that, in school his fidgeting was often seen as not paying attention, when in reality it was his way of keeping focused. So maybe you need to figure out how to use your body while learning in ways that do not involve hands on learning. For example, tapping .. maybe somethig as simple as tapping your foot as you read the questions online can help you to keep focused and learn better.
Well I didnt want to tell anyone but I do have a HTYH test tuesday of next week. So as far as the auditory learning goes will see tuesday :|
SIMPLY_HUGO Wrote:Well I didnt want to tell anyone but I do have a HTYH test tuesday of next week. So as far as the auditory learning goes will see tuesday :|

I just took this exam last week and rocked it. Go thru the ALL Specific Exam Feedback for HTYH and you should do this fine. I think it will be a HUGE confident builder for you. You just need to build some monumentum Rolleyes
SIMPLY_HUGO Wrote:I used IC and the "official clep study guide" <-- official my *** I missed 5 out of 97 on that test. Got a 44 on the clep

That just doesn't make any sense....The Official CLEP Study Guide must've been really off on that one. Wow.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U of Phoenix cancelling $141 million of student debt clep3705 0 807 12-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Cancelling IC Subscription Rupeshparajuli 5 1,355 05-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Last Post: SIMPLY_HUGO