Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I finish my degree in 3 months from Either TESU, COSC or Excelsior
I am on pace to graduate in may 2018 from Northern Arizona University, already applied for graduation last year before the first term of the senior semester. My question is, can I graduated earlier than May 2018 if I transfer to one of the 3 colleges
Here is a list of course completed
StraighterLine
English Composition 1 3cr
Intro to Environmental science 3cr
American govt 3cr
intro to business 3cr

Delaware county community college
Intro to Sociology 3cr
General psychology 3cr
principle investigation 3cr

Capela university
developing a healthcare management 4.02cr

Northern Arizona University
CIT 361Fundamentals of Info Tech & Project Management 3cr

ENTY430 New Media Marketing 3cr

NAUY300W Dynamic Org 3cr

CIT 341 Management & Info Tech 3cr

BBA 305W
BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS 3cr

BBA 370
ADMIN IT SECURITY & ASSURANCE 3cr

BBA 405
ENTREPR & SMALL BUSINESS MGT 3cr

BBA 460
CURRENT TOPICS IN IT 3cr

CIT 121
FOUNDATIONS OF CIT 3cr

CIT 127
COMPUTER INFO TECH I 3cr

CIT 137
COMPUTER INFO TECH II 3cr

CIT 213
INTRO TO WEB PROGRAMMING 3cr

CIT 221
PROGRAMMING FUNDAMENTALS 3cr

CIT 222
BUS SYSTEMS SOFTWARE DEV'T 3cr

CIT 250
DESIGN & ANALYSIS/DATA STRUCT 3cr

CIT 294
TECH INFO LITERACY 3cr

CIT 311
ANALYSIS, DESIGN & DB MODELING 3cr

CIT 321
FNDTLS/HARDWARE & OP SYSTEMS 3cr

ENGL 106
RDG EVAL & COMPOSING WRITING 4cr

ENTY 320
INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY 3cr

HISY 205
WORLD HISTORY 3cr

HUMA 121
THE ACT OF MEANING-MAKING 3cr

HUMA 372
ETHICS, VALUES & TECHNOLOGY 3cr

MATH 115
QUANTIATIVE & ANALYTICAL CALC 3cr

PHSI 102L
EVERYDAY PHYSICAL SCIENCE 4cr

PLD 300
INTERDISCIPLINARY SOCIETY 3cr

SCIN 182
GREEN TECHNOLOGIES & WATER MGT 4cr

SCIN 302
RELEVANCE OF SCIENCE AND TECH 3cr

STAT 272
APPLIED BUSINESS STATISTICS 3cr
For TESU, the answer is "No." The deadline to apply for March graduation is already past, plus you would have had to start the capstone course back in November. I don't know for sure about the other two, but I think probably not.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • cegbule
No, because they require a capstone that takes 12 weeks. TESU only has graduation 4 times a year, so the earliest graduation would be June and that's if you enrolled fast (or paid the late registration fee).

COSC requires the cornerstone as well, which I don't believe you can take at the same time.

It seems unlikely Excelsior would let you finish your capstone and graduate in April.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • cegbule
(01-13-2018, 08:23 PM)davewill Wrote: For TESU, the answer is "No." The deadline to apply for March graduation is already past, plus you would have had to start the capstone course back in November. I don't know for sure about the other two, but I think probably not.
Thanks, I guess I have no choice but to finish up at Northern Arizona University.

(01-13-2018, 08:25 PM)Ideas Wrote: No, because they require a capstone that takes 12 weeks. TESU only has graduation 4 times a year, so the earliest graduation would be June and that's if you enrolled fast (or paid the late registration fee).

COSC requires the cornerstone as well, which I don't believe you can take at the same time.

It seems unlikely Excelsior would let you finish your capstone and graduate in April.

Thanks, I will just have to wait and finish at Northern Arizona University. I thought I could finish earlier because I accepted a job offer last year that requires me to start on June 4.
I would stick with NAU as they're a State University, there's no real need to transfer and wait for your evaluation plus take extra time doing a capstone. I think the fees would cost more if you transfer at this time as well... Graduating in May 2018 would be faster than graduating in June at the earliest for the other Big 3.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • cegbule, Life Long Learning
(01-13-2018, 08:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would stick with NAU as they're a State University, there's no real need to transfer and wait for your evaluation plus take extra time doing a capstone.  I think the fees would cost more if you transfer at this time as well...  Graduating in May 2018 would be faster than graduating in June at the earliest for the other Big 3.

100% agree!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(01-13-2018, 08:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would stick with NAU as they're a State University, there's no real need to transfer and wait for your evaluation plus take extra time doing a capstone.  I think the fees would cost more if you transfer at this time as well...  Graduating in May 2018 would be faster than graduating in June at the earliest for the other Big 3.

Thanks for the advice, I heard someone on the forum saying I would have to redo the capstone again. I have decided to stay at NAU, I wouldn't want to redo the capstone after all the struggles it took for me to finish an applied IT project.

(01-14-2018, 01:08 AM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

100% agree!

Thanks for the advice. I have decided to finish at NAU. I thought I could finish school early, and have a month to take a vacation before I start my first big boy job.
(01-13-2018, 08:23 PM)davewill Wrote: For TESU, the answer is "No." The deadline to apply for March graduation is already past, plus you would have had to start the capstone course back in November. I don't know for sure about the other two, but I think probably not.

I'm currently taking courses at Excelsior and was hoping to complete my BS requirements in March.  Will I need to apply for graduation or can I bypass graduation and request a transcript that states that I have completed required BS program.
(01-16-2018, 12:42 PM)della2054 Wrote: I'm currently taking courses at Excelsior and was hoping to complete my BS requirements in March.  Will I need to apply for graduation or can I bypass graduation and request a transcript that states that I have completed required BS program.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. If you're asking whether you have to go to graduation, definitely not. They will simply send you your diploma. If you're asking whether you can show you've earned a degree without actually applying for graduation, I would think not. I don't know any real details about Excelsior, but a transcript won't show that you've earned a degree until you graduate. Until then it's just a big list of courses you've completed. I suppose you could print out something from your student account that might show you have all the degree requirements fulfilled, but I doubt it would be very useful for much. Maybe a new employer who is hiring you with the understanding that you will be graduating shortly would accept something like that in the interim.

After I had applied for graduation and my credits were successfully audited, TESU sent me two copies of a letter on their letterhead stating I had completed the requirements for my degree. If I had had an employer that cared my degree, THAT might have been useful. Maybe Excelsior does or can do something similar, but that would only come after they had reviewed all your credits for graduation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • High_Order1
(01-16-2018, 12:42 PM)della2054 Wrote:

I'm currently taking courses at Excelsior and was hoping to complete my BS requirements in March.  Will I need to apply for graduation or can I bypass graduation and request a transcript that states that I have completed required BS program.

Your conferral date will be put on your official Excelsior College transcript (generally 1 month after the last grade....I think they do them every third Thursday).  My Official Diploma came in the mail that same week. Big Grin

Graduation has nothing to do with above.  It is just a walk! Smile
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • High_Order1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,020 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,685 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,236 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,163 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,689 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,753 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,372 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,621 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,342 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,404 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic