Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC BA structure?
(11-27-2020, 05:30 PM)Seagull Wrote: So one semester at COSC is even better

Unlike TESU, you cannot take the capstone and cornerstone at the same time at COSC. And you're not even allowed to take them during the same term. It takes really good timing to be able to complete COSC in just one semester. It's theoretically possible, but most students are going to have to pay for at least 2 semesters.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-27-2020, 05:30 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 02:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 07:39 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:44 PM)pid=\322053 Wrote:I think in this instance, you are better off going through TESU for a Psych degree - they take WAY more SDC Psych courses as UL, and they accept Coopersmith courses as well (TESU does not).

For COSC, generally speaking a BALS with your own options for concentration is cheapest, but once you want a true major, you're better off at TESU.
Is it COSC or TESU that won't take Coopersmith?

Is a BALS cheaper at COSC if one plans to continue with a Masters degree elsewhere later?

A BALS at COSC is cheaper whether you want to take a master's degree later or not (the cost of the degree doesn't have anything with what you plan to do afterwards).

For COSC, the cost for tuition & fees for 2 semesters and only taking the cornerstone & capstone (so bringing in 114cr) is $3,181.

For EC1, the cost for tuition & fees and only taking the cornerstone, info lit, and capstone (so bringing in 113cr) is $5300
For EC2, the cost for tuition & fees, taking the cornerstone, info lit, capstone, and 2 add'l courses (so bringing in 107cr) is $5850

For TESU, the cost for tuition & fees and only taking the cornerstone and capstone (so bringing in 114cr) is $6654.
So one semester at COSC is even better

It's only $370 for the extra term, so not a huge deal for most.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-27-2020, 09:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 05:30 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 02:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 07:39 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:44 PM)pid=\322053 Wrote:I think in this instance, you are better off going through TESU for a Psych degree - they take WAY more SDC Psych courses as UL, and they accept Coopersmith courses as well (TESU does not).

For COSC, generally speaking a BALS with your own options for concentration is cheapest, but once you want a true major, you're better off at TESU.
Is it COSC or TESU that won't take Coopersmith?

Is a BALS cheaper at COSC if one plans to continue with a Masters degree elsewhere later?

A BALS at COSC is cheaper whether you want to take a master's degree later or not (the cost of the degree doesn't have anything with what you plan to do afterwards).

For COSC, the cost for tuition & fees for 2 semesters and only taking the cornerstone & capstone (so bringing in 114cr) is $3,181.

For EC1, the cost for tuition & fees and only taking the cornerstone, info lit, and capstone (so bringing in 113cr) is $5300
For EC2, the cost for tuition & fees, taking the cornerstone, info lit, capstone, and 2 add'l courses (so bringing in 107cr) is $5850

For TESU, the cost for tuition & fees and only taking the cornerstone and capstone (so bringing in 114cr) is $6654.
So one semester at COSC is even better

It's only $370 for the extra term, so not a huge deal for most.
Ok so not so terrible after all.

If one is enrolled at TESU and wants to transfer to COSC, can they send all the transcripts directly from one to the other? Or the transcripts have to come from their original source (ACE, RA, CLEP, etc)
You always have to send transcripts from the original source.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-24-2020, 11:47 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I'm currently doing a BS in Psych from COSC and I can confirm there is no easy substitute for Statistics in the Social Sciences that you're required to have. They won't take regular stats courses

I just took it from them directly. It was fine, nothing crazy
Does COSC take CSM as a substitute for stats?

CSM is so much nicer, while I dropped sophia stats, too long, very little application of what one learns, I prefer doing the math.
(12-09-2020, 01:32 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:47 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I'm currently doing a BS in Psych from COSC and I can confirm there is no easy substitute for Statistics in the Social Sciences that you're required to have. They won't take regular stats courses

CSM is so much nicer, while I dropped sophia stats, too long, very little application of what one learns, I prefer doing the math.

Not only do they not, but if you are doing the Psych degree there, you specifically need Statistics in the Social Sciences.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-09-2020, 06:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Not only do they not, but if you are doing the Psych degree there, you specifically need Statistics in the Social Sciences.
Thanks, I didn't know they did not.

Is Statistics from straighterline better than sophia?

COSC seems very limited in the options of degrees both in the associate and bachelors level. 

I like TESU ASNSM in Computer Science and aiming for a BALS. 

Are Davar courses accepted at COSC?
(12-09-2020, 08:34 PM)Seagull Wrote:

COSC seems very limited in the options of degrees both in the associate and bachelors level. 

Most people don't take 2 stats courses, so it's hard to compare the same course from 2 providers.

COSC is definitely a smaller school, with fewer majors/concentrations.

Here's the list of alternative course providers they have "approved": https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

And the list of course providers that are specifically not approved: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...arning.php

Davar is not on either list, and the "not-approved" list says they will take ACE and NCCRS credits.  I would say that they're not your best bet.
(12-09-2020, 08:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 08:34 PM)Seagull Wrote:

Most people don't take 2 stats courses, so it's hard to compare the same course from 2 providers.

COSC is definitely a smaller school, with fewer majors/concentrations.

Here's the list of alternative course providers they have "approved": https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php

And the list of course providers that are specifically not approved: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...arning.php

Davar is not on either list, and the "not-approved" list says they will take ACE and NCCRS credits.  I would say that they're not your best bet.
Thank you so much, this will help me figure out where I am at, if I decide to go with COSC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,678 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,283 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,640 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,161 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,619 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso