Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COS-1110 or ITS-1500 alternatives
Hi guys,

So I need to take either COS-1110 or ITS-1500 for my CS degree. I know that there is a course on SDC that will transfer as COS-1110 but it is Java based and I would rather do something with Python.

I know there is a course on Sophia that might transfer as ITS-1500 and I asked my adviser about it (still awaiting their response).

However, I was wondering if there are other alternative course I could take that focus on Python rather than Java and transfer as either COS-1110 or ITS-1500 (I am asking in case Sophia course gets rejected).

I feel more confident with Python so being able to find a course that focuses on Python rather than Java would be a huge help.

I am also attaching a screenshot of my progress table just to make sure I need only 1 of the courses?

Thank you for your, as always, great help.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 10.55.51.png (Size: 319.3 KB / Downloads: 9)
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/OnlineDegree.com

https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-course...ogramming/

The OnlineDegree COS-1110 is python based
Just as FYI - My son's TESU advisor previously confirmed that the Info to Python Programming transfers in as ITS-1500 and it's now pre-planned on his BACS program.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • LevelUP
Basically... If I was in your shoes, I would take Sophia.org and do the Intro to Java and Intro to Python, both of them should come in properly and they are (to me) equally helpful. The main reason is, for the last little while, I've been getting people to work on 4 main programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python. You might not need or want Java, but there is no harm in learning it or at least get the basics done if you've got an active subscription to Sophia.org already...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Public Speaking / Sociology / College Writing 1+2 alternatives zolpgree 7 841 12-13-2022, 01:57 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Any new test out alternatives for Liberal Studies/General Management, BA vetvso 16 1,671 08-04-2022, 12:36 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Alternatives to eliminated SDC courses for CS degree rachel83az 33 4,602 03-12-2022, 11:04 AM
Last Post: gams007
  alternatives to CAPSTONE? creationstory 2 770 04-24-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77