Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business capstone midterm
Does anyone have any advice or study notes to share for the business 421 capstone midterm exam?

I get nervous when it comes to short essays on exams, especially when timed. There's a study guide for the midterm on Moodle but I just figured I would also ask the forum.

Thank you in advance.
Fellow DegreeForum member posabsolute made this amazing collection of Quizlet flashcards for our entire class. The study guide on Moodle provides a pretty good summary of topics covered by the exam. I'd suggest studying the points on the study guide marked (E) more in depth so when test time comes you'll feel more confident. Big Grin

Using just the midterm study guide, the sample midterm exam, the textbook, and the Quizlet flashcards, I was able to take the midterm with about three days of study and got a decent score.
BSBA:CIS & ASNSM:CS from TESU - June 2018 Graduation

CLEP: A&I Lit., Intro Sociology, Biology, Western Civ. I & II, US History I & II, American Government, Intro Psychology, Macroecon., Microecon., Princ. of Management, Princ. of Marketing, Intro Business Law, Financial Accounting
DSST: Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions, Computing and Information Systems, Princ. of Finance, Management Information Systems
CollegePlus: Comparative Worldviews, Social Justice
Lumerit: English Comp. I & II, Intro to Business
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Intro to Stats
Saylor: Corporate Communications
TECEP: Managerial Accounting. Business in Society, Network Technology
Study.com: Comm 101, Digital Marketing and Advertising
Straighterline: Intro to Programming C++
CSU-Global CBE: Information Systems Analysis and Design
TESU: BUS-421
[-] The following 2 users Like TacticalTechie's post:
  • bfleshman, Muldoon
I just used my notes from vocabulary and stuff I took from the book. Then, I went over the midterm study guide, and made sure I knew each of the things they outlined, plus for any essay questions, I made sure that I went over those thoroughly, and could say a few sentences in my head about each one. I did not study extensively (or as much as I should have) but I got an 84% on it.

Make sure you know all of the "lists" from the book.

The one thing I did right for this course: I kept up on a weekly basis, even though I was gone for one of the weeks. I got a little ahead, and turned in my paper early the night before I left so that I wasn't scrambling when I got home. I read the chapter, took notes, and did the discussion or paper early every single week. I'm really, really glad I did so, because it made life much easier - and I got a 100% on every Case Study.

The other thing I will say is that I wish I would have started on the Final project sooner. If I would have done a little at a time as I went along, I would have been happier. I had paralysis of the analysis, and couldn't choose a topic. I should have just chosen one and gone with it, it didn't really matter much in the end (I mean, I didn't care about any of them honestly). So as you go along in the chapters, do the case study and then apply that to whatever scenario you choose and do a little research or write a bit on it, and it will start to lay itself out. Keep doing it bit by bit instead of waiting until the end.

Good luck!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 5 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • afiabanks, bfleshman, Gloddy, Muldoon, TacticalTechie
(03-14-2018, 12:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I just used my notes from vocabulary and stuff I took from the book.  Then, I went over the midterm study guide, and made sure I knew each of the things they outlined, plus for any essay questions, I made sure that I went over those thoroughly, and could say a few sentences in my head about each one.  I did not study extensively (or as much as I should have) but I got an 84% on it.

Make sure you know all of the "lists" from the book.

The one thing I did right for this course: I kept up on a weekly basis, even though I was gone for one of the weeks.  I got a little ahead, and turned in my paper early the night before I left so that I wasn't scrambling when I got home.  I read the chapter, took notes, and did the discussion or paper early every single week.  I'm really, really glad I did so, because it made life much easier - and I got a 100% on every Case Study.

The other thing I will say is that I wish I would have started on the Final project sooner.  If I would have done a little at a time as I went along, I would have been happier.  I had paralysis of the analysis, and couldn't choose a topic.  I should have just chosen one and gone with it, it didn't really matter much in the end (I mean, I didn't care about any of them honestly).  So as you go along in the chapters, do the case study and then apply that to whatever scenario you choose and do a little research or write a bit on it, and it will start to lay itself out.  Keep doing it bit by bit instead of waiting until the end.

Good luck!
Thank you for this thread and these responses. I am a few courses away from taking this.  I already bookmarked this.

dfrecore - would it be o.k. if I copy your format for your signature?  It is clean and informative.
Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
(03-14-2018, 05:02 PM)Gloddy Wrote: dfrecore - would it be o.k. if I copy your format for your signature?  It is clean and informative.
Gloddy

Be my guest!  I actually wanted to change it the other day to add a few things, and for whatever reason, it made me completely change it - it went from being fine to being way over in number of characters I was allowed.  Not sure what that's all about, since it was longer before...
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Gloddy
Thank you for sharing the Quizlet flashcards created by posabsolute. They helped so much!! I only studied the midterm flashcards and scored an 87. The responses to essay questions on the Quizlet flashcards were especially helpful.

I definitely plan on starting the final project sooner rather than later. Thank you for the tips.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bfleshman's post:
  • TacticalTechie
(03-18-2018, 12:18 PM)bfleshman Wrote: Thank you for sharing the Quizlet flashcards created by posabsolute. They helped so much!! I only studied the midterm flashcards and scored an 87. The responses to essay questions on the Quizlet flashcards were especially helpful.

I definitely plan on starting the final project sooner rather than later. Thank you for the tips.

No problem!

Definitely start on the final project as soon as you can. I'm in the last week of my business capstone and I've only just started writing my paper now, so in hindsight I kinda wish I started earlier. (this is going to be a fun week for me) Tongue

CLEP: A&I Lit., Intro Sociology, Biology, Western Civ. I & II, US History I & II, American Government, Intro Psychology, Macroecon., Microecon., Princ. of Management, Princ. of Marketing, Intro Business Law, Financial Accounting
DSST: Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions, Computing and Information Systems, Princ. of Finance, Management Information Systems
[-] The following 1 user Likes TacticalTechie's post:
  • bfleshman
(03-18-2018, 04:47 PM)TacticalTechie Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 12:18 PM)bfleshman Wrote: Thank you for sharing the Quizlet flashcards created by posabsolute. They helped so much!! I only studied the midterm flashcards and scored an 87. The responses to essay questions on the Quizlet flashcards were especially helpful.

No problem!

Definitely start on the final project as soon as you can. I'm in the last week of my business capstone and I've only just started writing my paper now, so in hindsight I kinda wish I started earlier. (this is going to be a fun week for me) Tongue

I got it done in 4 VERY long days.  Kicking myself for not starting sooner, it was not a fun week.
(03-18-2018, 10:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

No problem!

I got it done in 4 VERY long days.  Kicking myself for not starting sooner, it was not a fun week.

What company did you end up writing your paper on? I know that the main prompt provided in the course about Google leaving China is a popular one although it is a bit outdated (considering the fact that Google left China 8 years ago).

(03-19-2018, 02:49 PM)TacticalTechie Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 10:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

No problem!

What company did you end up writing your paper on? I know that the main prompt provided in the course about Google leaving China is a popular one although it is a bit outdated (considering the fact that Google left China 8 years ago).

That's the one I did.  If I never hear the words "google" or "China" again in my life, it will be too soon!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 525 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 495 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,367 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,115 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU BUS-2100 Quantitative Skills for Business MortySanchez 2 366 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,175 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 384 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Student: Business Degree Course Map Nate121693 11 1,023 05-15-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tesu business Pats20 18 1,698 05-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat