Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biology Need help!
Hello,

I have been studying for the past 3 weeks with Flashcards and other online study resources for my CLEP Biology. I took a practice CLEP test yesterday from the CLEP Official Study Guide and one from Peterson and I am in total despair because not even 25% of the CLEP Practice Exam contains questions from IC Flashcards contents and it contains lots of questions that are not even covered by IC Flashcards. But IC advertises that you could pass the CLEP only by studying our Flashcards. But in real It looks like we need to study more in dept for CLEP Exam especially for Biology. I am totally desperate right now as I don't know whether I should continue studying for CLEP or just take the classes though it will cost me in total $3000 and 10 weeks.

What am I doing wrong? has anyone been in this situation? If so, what did you do to overcome?

Please share,

Thank you
No brainer….totally take the CLEP! Six credits in about 2 hours vs. 3,000 bucks and 10 weeks

Biology is not the easiest test, but it's totally pass-able!

Here's what CLEP says you have to know to pass:

Biology | CLEP

Take their practice test for fun and see how you do. Then focus on studying in your weakest areas. At about 2 weeks into your study hit the CLEP test again and see how you do.

I took my Bio CLEP a while back with about 3 weeks of study and I passed. It wasn't my best score and I had a LOT going on in that time. Anyway, a pass is a pass if you are going to the Big 3. And unless you are planning to go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford or the other Ivy's and a few select highly selective colleges, then CLEP BIO is without a doubt worth a shot. Only take the exam when you feel like you are ready, I would say 3-6 weeks will work for most people. In the shorter side (3 weeks) if you are a medical person and longer (6 weeks) if you are not.

Here are my favorite resources for passing the BIO CLEP:

Biology CLEP - Free study guide! - Free-Clep-Prep.com

Biology 101: Intro to Biology Course - Online Video Lessons | Education Portal

Biology 102: Basic Genetics Course - Online Video Lessons | Education Portal

ATP & Respiration: Crash Course Biology #7 - YouTube

THIS WEBSITE and the Exam Specific feedback along with the flashcards. Focus on the flashcards you DON't Know not the whole deck or your will drive yourself crazy because there are a LOT of cards.

If I were going to cheer you on…it would sound something like this right now, "CLEP! CLEP! CLEP! CLEP! CLEP!!!!!!!!"

I bet you know what I think now Wink

Good luck and let us know when you get close to your exam…and better yet let us know when you pass. The worst possible thing that could happen is you fail the CLEP BIO and have to wait 6 months to re-take. OR…you end up having to take a Brick and Mortar College class. Well it's almost April now anyway, and most community colleges offer Summer Session courses that start in May, June and July. They are usually shorter. You don't have to to YOUR community college in most cases…you can apply and take BIO at any community college that offers it and that will transfer into whatever 2 or 4 year school will take it's credits. I am thinking you might as well take the CLEP BIO sooner rather than later (but when you are ready to pass) it's 6 credits! Just study hard (try out some of the links I listed for you) and post us when you pass and what you thought about it. That will help future CLEP test takers…and you will become the proof that it can be done, just as I have done for you now Smile

Best of luck!
Tara

Mokks Wrote:Hello,

I have been studying for the past 3 weeks with Flashcards and other online study resources for my CLEP Biology. I took a practice CLEP test yesterday from the CLEP Official Study Guide and one from Peterson and I am in total despair because not even 25% of the CLEP Practice Exam contains questions from IC Flashcards contents and it contains lots of questions that are not even covered by IC Flashcards. But IC advertises that you could pass the CLEP only by studying our Flashcards. But in real It looks like we need to study more in dept for CLEP Exam especially for Biology. I am totally desperate right now as I don't know whether I should continue studying for CLEP or just take the classes though it will cost me in total $3000 and 10 weeks.

What am I doing wrong? has anyone been in this situation? If so, what did you do to overcome?

Please share,

Thank you
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
If you want to cut to the chase, use these links to direct your studying: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ology.html
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
MOKKS….check out the last couple posts on this websites feedback on this test…the most recent poster (today?) sounds like she/he was in the same boat as you were. Study hard and take the 6 credit BIO CLEP Smile
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Hi,

Thank you very much for your inputs both of you! Smile I am going to study harder this time for one or two weeks depending on my progress! Thanks again! Smile

cheers,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab Fountains of Roses 10 1,629 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cheap and Fast Online Biology Degrees mgmar22 2 1,679 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,283 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  Biology/Natural Sciences major—transferring into the Big 3 wow 10 2,005 09-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Last Post: wow
  Best for Federal Biology jobs? bethanyneedsajob 8 1,764 08-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  How should I study for the biology CLEP? trus 7 2,582 06-05-2019, 08:25 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Natural Sciences or Biology - Possible? Dan A Million 41 5,020 05-22-2019, 09:30 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Newbie with Clep Biology Question Mom23boys 9 2,036 02-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Cheap Online Degree in Human Biology sanantone 8 1,796 01-28-2019, 01:44 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Biology courses sought AND advice(for daughter) scout2family 9 1,706 11-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Last Post: jsd