Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad economy = no more ramen noodles
The grocery store near my house is almost out of ramen noodles. I know many college kids live off the stuff because it's so cheap. But there isn't a college by my house. When I was in my early 20's, right after I got out of the military and moved to Chicago, I lived off them for a few months until I got settled.

Most of the people in my particular neighborhood are not in their 20's. It's a northwest neighborhood in Chicago full of families.

Walking past the soup aisle- 3 individual packages of ramen noodles and 2 big bulk packs left. I asked the manager and he said they had run out.

I am so depressed.
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
So hard not to make some kind of political comment here but I get the impression that's not your point. That is sad and more than likely a sign of the current time.Sad
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
april004 Wrote:The grocery store near my house is almost out of ramen noodles. I know many college kids live off the stuff because it's so cheap. But there isn't a college by my house. When I was in my early 20's, right after I got out of the military and moved to Chicago, I lived off them for a few months until I got settled.

Most of the people in my particular neighborhood are not in their 20's. It's a northwest neighborhood in Chicago full of families.

Walking past the soup aisle- 3 individual packages of ramen noodles and 2 big bulk packs left. I asked the manager and he said they had run out.

I am so depressed.

I think you're on to something, sounds like a spin-off called Everybody Loves Ramen!!! This is coming from the "Best Ramen Cooker" in the world. As long as I cook 1 at at time it comes out perfect. Tell me to cook 2 or more and 9 times out of 10 too much water for the soup base, Yuck!!!
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Yuck. I never liked ramen. I prefer bean + cheese burritos. Simple, inexpensive, full of food value. Big Grin Delicious, too.

But yeah, sign of the times. As if the 12 or so percent unemployment wasn't enough of an indicator. :puke:
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
Here in So. Fla. it is rice and beans Confusedeeya:
I'd rather starve to death than eat another ramen noodle.

Watch supply and demand kick in and the high demand for ramen causes an increase in noodle production and the whole economy is saved from the ramen up.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP: Sociology - 70, A&I Literature - 64, DSST: CJ - 455
BS Psychology - Peru State College - May 2011
AA - Riverland Community College - May 2009
Computer Network Admin Diploma - Hawkeye Community College
CompTIA A+ Certified[/SIZE]
dark_dan Wrote:I'd rather starve to death than eat another ramen noodle.

Watch supply and demand kick in and the high demand for ramen causes an increase in noodle production and the whole economy is saved from the ramen up.

hilarious Too bad Maruchan is a Japanese firm.

BTW, am I the only one that giggles a little bit every time they see Wanchai Ferry noodles? I would think that any sailor who has been to Wanchai would know why I think it's funny.. :o
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
P00057870 Wrote:Here in So. Fla. it is rice and beans Confusedeeya:

Rice and beans...Hmm. Black beans or pinto beans? I'll see you your rice and beans and raise you SPAM!!!

Man, I'm really setting the bar low for this thread.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Black Beans. Is this fast food restaurant available in other parts of the country -- Pollo Tropical? 1/2 chicken, black beans & rice, and a role for under $4. If you want a desert, think of fried plantains or key lime pie.

Come on down. It's supposed to hit 80 tomorrow, wake up to 60s.

At least that is for our predominantly Hispanic communities. Now if you are speaking about various Carribean cultures, it can be other red beans and seasonings. If the culture is from Trinidad, where there is a large community whose decendents are from India, it can be lentils -- what a variety of foods to chose from. Smile
JanusthePhoenix Wrote:Yuck. I never liked ramen. I prefer bean + cheese burritos. Simple, inexpensive, full of food value. Big Grin Delicious, too.
I'm in complete agreement there. Burritos are awesome.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]