Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSIT & BS Natural Sciences - Requirements
Hi, a buddy of mine is looking to get both the BSIT that is ABET and the BS Natural Sciences at Excelsior.  They understand that most of the requirements can be transferred into the degree but a few courses.  From reading through previous posts, we also know that taking 13 credits would be slightly more expensive than taking the 7 required credits.   We are looking at ways to make this affordable, ease and speed to finish.

We don't know what/where to get most of the courses that can transfer into the degree and don't know "what" courses can't be taken inexpensively.  The 13 credits we are thinking of doing is the Info Lit, Capstone, Cornerstone (for both), this will get us to 10 credits.  What other course or courses should be taken at Excelsior?  Does anyone have a list of courses that are required or transferable?  TIA
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I don't think that these are mostly transferable. Gen eds can be done with alternate credit, yes, but I'm not sure about the rest. You can compare required classes with https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html to see what is and isn't available. It might make sense to take some classes at another college/university besides EC, too. Some schools have rather inexpensive tuition rates.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Just an FYI, a BSIT that is ABET accredited isn't worth any more than one that isn't, from what I know. Generally it's only important to get an ABET accredited degree in Engineering or something like that. IT won't be one that ABET makes a difference.

You will need 33cr of UL for the Natural Sciences degree, unless he's already coming in with a bunch from a prior unfinished degree, I think that's going to cost a fortune to take, and I'm not certain why you would want that degree anyway.

For the BSIT, again, EC is one of the harder ones to get; he's better off at TESU for this degree.

I think your friend needs to look at another school, EC is not a great option for those particular degrees.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-07-2021, 02:53 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hi, a buddy of mine is looking to get both the BSIT that is ABET and the BS Natural Sciences at Excelsior.  They understand that most of the requirements can be transferred into the degree but a few courses.  From reading through previous posts, we also know that taking 13 credits would be slightly more expensive than taking the 7 required credits.   We are looking at ways to make this affordable, ease and speed to finish.

We don't know what/where to get most of the courses that can transfer into the degree and don't know "what" courses can't be taken inexpensively.  The 13 credits we are thinking of doing is the Info Lit, Capstone, Cornerstone (for both), this will get us to 10 credits.  What other course or courses should be taken at Excelsior?  Does anyone have a list of courses that are required or transferable?  TIA

He wants to complete 2 bachelor's degrees at Excelsior? If so, then he needs to call and speak to admissions. They're REALLY picky about completing a second bachelor's degree. I tried to but I needed to complete an additional 30 UL credits AFTER my first degree was conferred. No point in that. That's my master's degree right there. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arts, Sciences and Applied Prof Electives quetions CM1999 3 514 03-30-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: CM1999
  Excelsior - Remaining LL/UL requirements new2this 12 1,955 02-25-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: new2this
  UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits mrskitty 12 2,369 08-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  UExcel counts to full fill BSIT? gams007 1 1,274 07-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Capstone Requirements EWCTest 3 2,045 06-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Natural sciences at Excelsior homeschoolmom1 3 1,822 09-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help understanding COSC/Excelsior requirements mysonx3 6 2,175 09-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Kima