Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA TESU - Confused First Timer
Hello everyone, I've been thinking about going to college for a while now but unfortunately I work full time and have to provide care for a father with Alzheimer's. My work and life schedule doesn't allow me to have a normal college career, but I still want an education so I can get out of the factory I currently work at. My father was a businessman and owned and operated several businesses and I would love to follow in his footsteps. How would I go about planning a BSBA degree at TESU specializing in Entrepreneurship? Is there a master list of credit equivalencies? What's the debacle with study.com and tesu fee waiver or something that I keep reading? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
It would probably work better if you stated where you currently are in your education, and then we can help you get a plan together. However, it is certainly possible to get the degree you need on a part time basis and without having to pay big bucks.

The Study.com thing is simple. There's currently a phenomenal discount at TESU for study.com members. The reason it's so high is a bit of a fluke that we expect will be changed to a more normal 5-10% discount when their contract expires at the end of June. So people who hope to graduate in the next 9-12 months are planning their actions carefully to try and take advantage of it as much as possible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I have no post secondary schooling. The most college experience I have is a 3 on the AP Physics test I took a couple years back. So I will be starting off with basically nothing towards the degree.
Taylor, welcome aboard. You should read the Beginners Guide, Wiki and grab a spreadsheet template to get the hang of things. You basically need to get the newest one dfrecore has created and change the AOS (Area of Study). I do not have one customized for entrepreneurship yet as some of the courses are not test-out-able.

The rest of the courses are identical to the other BSBA options, it's just those 6 AOS courses... sample templates are in the Beginners Guide, download a copy and customize it to your personal needs. If you are closer to a test center, use mainly CLEP at ModernStates, if not you can use mainly SL/Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Well you'll get to start with 3 credits in Physics! Start with these two pages:

http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Beginn...ege_Credit
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It's a good thing you found this forum then. The Big Three are the most flexible Smile

You get discounts if you have the Study.com affiliation, but the discounts will probably be less after June and/or the fees will probably go up. If you could pay the residency waiver fee by then, you get the lower price, but it's only good for a year, so only do that if you are pretty sure you can graduate within the year.

I'm giving you the spreadsheet for the BSBA in General Management, because the Entrepreneurship concentration is actually not that important (IMHO).  For the BSBA/Entre, you are required to take Intro to Entrepreneurship, a small business finance course, and a small business marketing course - and then 3 additional elective courses.  Honestly, I think you can just put together a list of courses you'd like to take that can include those types of courses and be just as well off - and it will cost less to do it through the GM concentration.

I would think that as a small business owner, you might want to take Entrepreneurship, Corporate Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising, and whatever else you're interested in, and be just fine.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 40.95 KB / Downloads: 41)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Excellent advice here. The TESU/Study.com thing isn´t really a debacle. Many of us started on the TESU path a while ago and the Study.com discount was awesome. Soon it will change and go from awesome to very nice Smile TESU is still a great deal.

I was thinking exactly what dfrecore posted. I have owned and operated a couple of small businesses. The last time I was an employee was several years ago, and I doubt I will do that again :p I am working on the TESU BSBA General Management degree. It is like the other BSBA´s only in this area of specialty (General Management) you have more options. You mix and match 18 credits, choosing from 3 of 4 areas- Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Finance. 12 of those 18 credits have to be Upper Level. I have chosen 9 management credits, 6 finance credits, and 3 marketing credits. 3 of the management credits I earned were from Intro to Entrepreneurship. I also chose Corporate Finance + Digital Marketing & Advertising. Also Project Management + International Finance because some of my ventures have included putting together projects with multiple investors, and I am currently in Latin America making contacts and looking for opportunities.

Definitely poke around some of the spreadsheets and see what the options are. Welcome aboard!

...... Also, depending on your timeline for completion, realize that TESU may not be the best option down the road. It may not be the best one now depending on a person´s particulars. To start off, I think it might be a good idea to earn credits that are likely to be accepted at a number of schools, and then adjust your plans as you progress.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Wow, the amount of help, advice, and support is amazing and it such a sort amount of time too. Thank you guys so much. Going with the GM focus sounds like it's the better idea, I downloaded the spreadsheet and I'm going to start working on it.
First step seems to be do the free ethics course and then start hammering out the CLEPs. Thankfully I live not five minutes away from a testing center. And I will think about my options some more while hammering out the CLEPs since to my knowledge they're the most versatile of the credit sources in where they're accepted. Seriously thank you guys for all the timely replies and assistance.
If you live close to a CLEP testing center, then I highly recommend taking as many CLEP's as you think you can pass now, and if you can't afford to take a million of them, use Modern States - they will give you vouchers to take them for free. All CLEP's are now available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,010 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,132 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,364 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,610 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,338 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,874 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore