Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA General Management Help
Hey all, my wife has seen how much work I've been doing towards my degree and it's inspired her to go back and finish hers.  She has a lot less to work towards than I started with so I'm thinking realistically she can finish before I do.  She is a little torn between a BA General Management or a BSBA General Management.  I've attached the plan I've started working on for her to get the BA but wasn't sure where to source the upper level classes.  The Free Electives I just haven't filled in yet.  

If anyone has an up to date BSBA GM and feels like plugging her classes in i'd appreciate it.  Also if anyone can point me where to look for the BA GM upper levels I'd appreciate that as well!  The BA GM plans I found look to be from 2016 and I couldn't find some of those classes offered anymore.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Plan BAGM.xlsx (Size: 13 KB / Downloads: 11)
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Be aware that is would not be a BA in General Management.  It would be a 'BA in Liberal Studies: General Management Concentration' vs a 'Bachelor of Science in Business Administration'.  If she wants a Business Degree then the BSBA is a better choice.  However with her current credits I see the appeal of the BALS to getting it done.  I do not know if all the BALS GM concentration requirements are available through alternative sources (& she is in need of UL credits), but I'm sure someone here does know.  As far as the Ethics requirement she'll need for either degree, she can take care of that for free by taking the Institutes course (see: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...=insurance)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-22-2019, 09:33 AM)allvia Wrote: Be aware that is would not be a BA in General Management.  It would be a 'BA in Liberal Studies: General Management Concentration' vs a 'Bachelor of Science in Business Administration'.  If she wants a Business Degree then the BSBA is a better choice.  However with her current credits I see the appeal of the BALS to getting it done.  I do not know if all the BALS GM concentration requirements are available through alternative sources (& she is in need of UL credits), but I'm sure someone here does know.  As far as the Ethics requirement she'll need for either degree, she can take care of that for free by taking the Institutes course (see: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...=insurance)

I see what you're saying.  With that being said I wonder if it'd be quicker to just do the Liberal Studies while knocking out the BSBA.  I know when plugging in her classes she loses a few of the credits when moving over to a BSBA so in my mind it would be worth it to go ahead and get both.  I think there was a difference of around 15-20 credits between the BA and BSBA.
(02-22-2019, 10:11 AM)darthweezy Wrote: I see what you're saying.  With that being said I wonder if it'd be quicker to just do the Liberal Studies while knocking out the BSBA.  I know when plugging in her classes she loses a few of the credits when moving over to a BSBA so in my mind it would be worth it to go ahead and get both.  I think there was a difference of around 15-20 credits between the BA and BSBA.

I would think doing two degrees would just slow down the BSBA. Depending on your wife's aptitude with online credit, replacing 15 or so credits could be done in a month or two. A lot of people get hung up on "losing" credits. You should instead plan out both degrees and estimate how long each would take her, then decide whether the BSBA is worth the extra time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Once the BSBA is completed, then the BA in Liberal Studies with a concentration in General Management will become worthless. It's a waste to get two related degrees.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(02-22-2019, 11:48 AM)davewill Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 10:11 AM)darthweezy Wrote: I see what you're saying.  With that being said I wonder if it'd be quicker to just do the Liberal Studies while knocking out the BSBA.  I know when plugging in her classes she loses a few of the credits when moving over to a BSBA so in my mind it would be worth it to go ahead and get both.  I think there was a difference of around 15-20 credits between the BA and BSBA.

I would think doing two degrees would just slow down the BSBA. Depending on your wife's aptitude with online credit, replacing 15 or so credits could be done in a month or two. A lot of people get hung up on "losing" credits. You should instead plan out both degrees and estimate how long each would take her, then decide whether the BSBA is worth the extra time.

(02-22-2019, 11:55 AM)sanantone Wrote: Once the BSBA is completed, then the BA in Liberal Studies with a concentration in General Management will become worthless. It's a waste to get two related degrees.

So my theory (and maybe it was wrong?) was that as she was working towards the BSBA she would naturally fill all of the requirements for the BALS.  I guess it would be minimal from a time standpoint to catch up on those 15ish credits though is what you're saying?
(02-22-2019, 12:10 PM)darthweezy Wrote: So my theory (and maybe it was wrong?) was that as she was working towards the BSBA she would naturally fill all of the requirements for the BALS.  I guess it would be minimal from a time standpoint to catch up on those 15ish credits though is what you're saying?

A second degree requires 24 NEW credits, so she'd have to do a bunch of new courses to get the second degree.

https://blog.tesu.edu/the-secret-to-earn...ond-degree
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-22-2019, 12:14 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 12:10 PM)darthweezy Wrote: So my theory (and maybe it was wrong?) was that as she was working towards the BSBA she would naturally fill all of the requirements for the BALS.  I guess it would be minimal from a time standpoint to catch up on those 15ish credits though is what you're saying?

A second degree requires 24 NEW credits, so she'd have to do a bunch of new courses to get the second degree.

https://blog.tesu.edu/the-secret-to-earn...ond-degree

Ahhhhh, that makes a lot more sense now.  Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,927 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  UMPI BABA of Management & Leadership Help Needed OldPMP 3 409 10-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Please review my plan: Excelsior BS in Business (General Business) Sheet Included colonel 7 530 08-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Kab
  UMPI Degree Plan BABA – Management & Leadership w/ 2 minors DJNikonn 5 941 07-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Supply Chain Management planning/Advice help. psychcs 13 1,037 05-23-2023, 05:16 PM
  Seeking advice on Engineering Management, BSE at ASU (ONLINE) probablystupid 11 931 04-30-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: probablystupid
  Healthcare Management KristyAnn4793 9 1,136 03-24-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore