Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ap Exams
how do you take an AP exam? There are only 2 that I would want to take but I can't seem to find anything on here about them and I am wondering if its even possible to take the exams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, you can take them: AP: Frequently Asked Questions
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
Yeah I talked to collegeboard and found out who I have to contact but I am wondering if its just for High school students and home bound students.
Try using the search function. There was a thread with a little bit of discussion about AP Exams in our "Off Topic" area.

I don't know of anyone on this forum who wasn't in high school that has actually taken any AP exams, so you're exploring new territory here...
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
carlosamador2006 Wrote:how do you take an AP exam? There are only 2 that I would want to take but I can't seem to find anything on here about them and I am wondering if its even possible to take the exams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually found out some information that may help ...

If you are an adult anticipating on taking the AP exam look no more further...

The exam seem to be designed for High School students but adults can take the exam ...It will just be a little odd sitting around with high school people in a classroom taking the exam...

Maybe some moms and dads will take the exam with their children in some classroom setting ....I can imagine....

Son , whats the answer to B ....

Dad , I am sorry ...I can't tell you the answer...

Google for Tom Nixon's website on virtual highschools for homeschooled students....

I cant remember...But there is one virtual highschool that has most or all of the AP exams such as English , Macro-Micro Economics....

In order to qualify to take the AP exam, you must have taken an AP course from some high school .... And then you can register to take the exam at the school ..... The deadline to register for the AP exam is March 1 2007 ... So you need to wait for next year ...Otherwise you can pay 250 dollars for those highschool AP internet courses and take the exam next year...

Its like a 2 week deal .....in the beginning months of May...

If I can remember the cost for the virtual highschool AP course is 250.00 dollars.....

once you pass the course .....you can take this AP exam on May..... I know some schools exlusively accept only AP exams ....

like the University of Chicago ......for their undergrad.....You can pass 45 credits worth of AP exams to fill up the requirements for a Univ of Chigo undergrad degree.... They dont accept any CLEPS or Dantes.....or some correspondence type course ... But actually their professors arrange some exams to test out of some of the rigourous courses like Calculus, Linear Algebra ...blah blah blah....

Likewise, Ohio State University does the same ..... as Univ of Chgo...

However, I read they do accept foriegn British Exams like the London School of Economics or University of London .....The British have different levels of exams which I am not aware....

The AP exams seem a little more challenging than the CLEP or Dantes...The AP exam is 3 hours and you have some essays need to be completed on some of the exams...almost like the CLEP freshman composition exam....where the test-taker needs to write an essay...

I feel those AP internet courses will give better preparation for the exam especially languages.... like Chinese and Russian ....
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Western Civilization II- 57
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Social Sciences & History - 54
Western Civilization I - 67
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Rise and Fall of Soviet Union - 54
Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to World Religions- 74
Intro to Computing - 53
Principles of Supervision- 51
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
Keystone National Highschool offers 17 AP COURSES online...

here is their website:

http://www.keystonehighschool.com/courses/apcourses.php

Humanities and Sciences Academy

Keystone's accreditation here:

http://www.keystonehighschool.com/advant...tation.php
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to Computing - 53
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
AGS Wrote:Keystone National Highschool offers 17 AP COURSES online...

here is their website:

http://www.keystonehighschool.com/courses/apcourses.php

Humanities and Sciences Academy

Keystone's accreditation here:

http://www.keystonehighschool.com/advant...tation.php

first contact the school that you will transfer your AP exam scores and verify with them of your intentions and make sure it is acceptable to them ...
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to Computing - 53
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
carlosamador2006 Wrote:how do you take an AP exam? There are only 2 that I would want to take but I can't seem to find anything on here about them and I am wondering if its even possible to take the exams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

keystones AP COURSES:

Keystone National High School - Online High School and Home Education Courses, Catalog
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to Computing - 53
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
AGS Wrote:keystones AP COURSES:

Keystone National High School - Online High School and Home Education Courses, Catalog

Originally I thought the courses were 250.00 dollars but the AP courses are 429.00 dollars for a full credited course and 299.00 dollars for a half credit course....

wow thats expensive ......
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to Computing - 53
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
Yeah I thought it was going to be a nice compliment in addition to CLEP and Dantes exams I am studying for but the benefits do not outweight the value in the case for me - I had wanted to test out of COSC 1 and 2 and the same with Programming but I'll probably just take the classes while I work on testing out for my BA.

I sincerely appreicate everyone's help in this matter though. Wish everyone the best that is gearing up for a test this week / weekend.

I am taking my bio clep wed.
Carlos Amador

Houston, TX
62 credits todate
Up next Natural Sciences Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,583 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,391 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,396 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 717 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,322 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,342 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Does your community college offer challenge exams? muu9 2 995 07-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,904 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Sophia/CLEP/DSST Info Tech exams = all same? SCYankee 2 1,381 02-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SCYankee