Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airforce ccaf - study.com
Does anyone know if CCAF accepts courses taken from Study.com and TEEX?
It looks like they accept ACE-recommended courses, but you would need to check yourself to see if certain classes will work.

Certainly it couldn't hurt to take TEEX courses since they're free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just received the answer / email back from CCAF:

Original Message-----
From: airuniversity-admin@dma.mil [mailto:airuniversity-admin@dma.mil]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:05 AM
To: CCAF/Registrar Office Org Mailbox Registrar.CCAF@us.af.mil

Subject: Air University (AU) Contact Form: ACE Transcripts

This message was sent from the Air University (AU) website.

Response requested: Yes :patriot:
(06-19-2017, 02:40 PM)retire2018 Wrote: I just received the answer / email back from CCAF:

Original Message-----

This message was sent from the Air University (AU)  website.

So the response was a yes? I just want to make sure I'm not seeing things.
(08-02-2017, 09:35 PM)jchef15 Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 02:40 PM)retire2018 Wrote: I just received the answer / email back from CCAF:

Original Message-----

This message was sent from the Air University (AU)  website.

So the response was a yes? I just want to make sure I'm not seeing things.

No, they failed to post everything in the message. "Response requested: Yes" simply means "Yes I would like a response."

That e-mail as displayed above is NOT confirmation that the courses are accepted.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I always assumed that the CCAF didn't take classes from study.com because of them not accepting classes from SL. I think I read once that the credit has to be obtained by a class taught by a professor with a Bachelors or something to that nature. Of course they do accept ACE credit, but the only ones are CLEP, DSST, and UXCEL that I'm aware of.
WOW, (dcan-posting freak), OK, So let me get this straight: If you have a Bachelors Degree form TESU. WGU, UMUC, or other university with study.com credits---CCAF will not accept the credits on the transcript attained from Study.com?
So - What your saying is: CCAF makes it more difficult for service members to get an Associates degree than many other institutions that assist military members like TESU, Excelsior, UMUC etc.

Did you call them? CCAF (334) 649-5000
Did you email them? http://www.airuniversity.af.mil/Academic...Registrar/
What response did you get?
Please post it!
Let's get it right to help others!
Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative Program (AU-ABC)

The TESU AU-ABC partnership enables airmen completing an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree with CCAF a seamless path to complete a Bachelor degree with Thomas Edison State University.

Benefits to CCAF students:

CCAF Graduates can complete a Bachelor degree with Thomas Edison State University, one of New Jersey’s 9 state College, which is regionally accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000)
Thomas Edison State University’s partnership with AU-ABC ensures the maximum amount of guaranteed credit transfer making it the best choice for completing a Bachelor degree
Thomas Edison State University has established partnerships with all branches of the US armed forces and accepts Military Tuition Assistance (MTA) as well as veterans benefits like the GI Bill making it even easier to complete your degree financially.

(08-04-2017, 10:57 PM)tsimmns Wrote: I always assumed that the CCAF didn't take classes from study.com because of them not accepting classes from SL.  I think I read once that the credit has to be obtained by a class taught by a professor with a Bachelors or something to that nature.  Of course they do accept ACE credit, but the only ones are CLEP, DSST, and UXCEL that I'm aware of.

Have your ACE transcript sent to TESU or Excelsior they will convert your courses.

Then have TESU / Excelsior send an official transcript to CCAF.

http://www.excelsior.edu/onetranscript
https://www.tesu.edu/military/army/Credit-Banking.cfm

OR just take the courses from TESU / Excelsior.... the above is easiest but maybe more expensive.

http://cme.excelsior.edu/air-force/air-f...r-college/
https://www.tesu.edu/military/air-force/...ourses.cfm
None of my completed Study.com's courses are reflected on my TESU transcript. TESU annotates their equivalent course instead.
Thus, Study.com 305 Advanced Technical Writing is converted to TESU's ENG 306 Inter.Tech.Wtg. & Prof. Wt. 3 credits.
There NO reference to the PROVIDER of ACE credit course on the transcript.
(11-02-2017, 06:18 PM)retire2018 Wrote: None of my completed Study.com's courses are reflected on my TESU transcript. TESU annotates their equivalent course instead.
Thus, Study.com 305 Advanced Technical Writing is converted to TESU's  ENG 306 Inter.Tech.Wtg. & Prof. Wt.   3 credits.
There NO reference to the PROVIDER of ACE credit course  on the transcript.

It should show that you got ACE or NCCRS credit up at the top (where it numbers each institution from where you got credit), and then to the left of each course/credit through the eval, it lists a number as a source.  So anyone can see where the credit came from, even if TESU calls the course something else.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Legion research study Alpha 3 1,533 10-28-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,195 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  ASVAB Study Guides namwen 11 3,849 02-01-2019, 03:10 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AFOQT/ASTB audio book study material. morig 3 3,230 08-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kodiak61
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,117 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,858 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,819 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,780 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Study resources for clep preppyboy 4 2,782 04-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,224 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko