Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to sign up for Shmoop
Ok, so tomorrow morning I'm planning on subscribing to Shmoop for a month. I'm wanting to get as much as I can in a month. Just looking for some advice on the best way to tackle them. I'm kind of going in blind, I don't exactly know how Shmoop works. I have only really delt with study.com and Sophia.
These are the courses I plan on taking. I'm sure I can't get them all done in a month, just want to get as many as possible.
Algebra I
Algebra II
Introduction to film Studies
The Bible in Literature
History of Technology
Economics 101
Psychology 101
Human Sexuality
Accounting 101
Principals of Management

I also would like to take one of the science classes. Any suggestions to which one would be the best to take? I don't mean the easiest, but the one that is formatted the best.

Thanks for any input.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xjarhead1999's post:
  • Muldoon
I'm going to guess (not certain) that Algebra I & II, if you're not strong in math, might be hard to do in a month on top of everything else. It's just a subject that can take a lot of time if you're struggling with any of the concepts.

My advice for people is always to start with a free course like Khan Academy - and once you've worked through it, THEN to sign up with a credit-granting course like Study.com, Shmoop, SL, etc. If you're starting from scratch, it can take a while. If you're familiar with the material, you can really whip through it once you're paying for it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, Muldoon
Thats a good idea to learn it all through Khan BEFORE the class. I wish I'd have thought of that before jumping into calc 1 on study.com
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I was a math wizz back in school over 20 years ago. Last math I took back then was pre-calculus in 10th grade. I took the fundamentals of algebra with Sophia course a couple weeks ago. Once my memory was jogged, I flew through it pretty quick.
I was curious about ways to study for shmoop courses. Should I focus on ideas, vocabulary, theories, or a mix? Should I know the exact facts or just understand the material? What I mean is say something was like a Bible class, should I know the story of David and Goliath or should I know exact passages and such?
Shmoop courses require you to learn THEIR content. Don't count on many questions being easy to guess based on previous subject knowledge.
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
[-] The following 3 users Like Cheeseburrito's post:
  • MSK9, Muldoon, Yenisei
you can do History of Tech and Bible as Lit in a day each. might as well go ahead and get them out of the way and on your transcript
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

my condolences
Ok so I am pretty sure one month is all I am going to be doing. Might not even do that. Working on the "24 hour free trial" now. Working on the history of technology. This really is as bad as other people say.
My suggestion, save everything! Save every piece of information that they give you into a word document or a PDF. That way you can search through it if you need to. Even the answers to any quiz you take especially if you end up having to retake a quiz. Save the answers to the one you fail and then save the answers to the new one. The quiz questions make up a good chunk of the final. Last but not least, good luck with your grind.
[-] The following 4 users Like BSLIONS's post:
  • 22gunsonfire, gremlinbrawler, Muldoon, Yenisei
I have had an active Shmoop account for 1 month. I passed in a two week time:

Professional Writing
Business Communications
Bible as Literature
Economics 101
E Commerce
Introduction to marketing.

All of these sent over to Excelsior for the BSLA degree along with my SUNY transcripts. Shmoop is difficult with most of their literature courses. But their business, and math courses are relatively sstraightforward. 18 credits in 2 weeks. An entire term of credit. Saved me almost 5k in tuition.

Definitely worth it but choose wisely.
[-] The following 3 users Like 1thomasP's post:
  • hsfamfun, Muldoon, sarg123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acclaim just added all my Shmoop courses jsh1138 6 1,448 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
Sad Does anyone know what's happening with old Shmoop credits? Sort of freaking out. literalkev 10 1,844 09-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Shmoop ACE Plan Changes? Tedium 80 7,967 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Shmoop outside the Big 3 wow 9 1,546 08-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Last Post: wow
  InstaCert credit sign up help emmyshor 4 931 04-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: emmyshor
  Shmoop Credits? asianphd 59 11,187 02-27-2020, 09:00 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Shmoop: New Look eriehiker 6 2,134 11-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: jsd
  OnlineDegree vs SDC vs Shmoop vs Other Options? rvm 36 7,623 10-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Which colleges still accept Shmoop? nosey561 0 756 10-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  New Shmoop Course: African-American Literature eriehiker 5 1,581 09-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Last Post: eriehiker