Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APS-100 Medical Terminology TECEP??
Any hints on preparing to take the Med Term TECEP?

I've read that it's relatively quick, but it's been many many years since I took the in-seat course, and I don't do much in the traditional medical field, so it's a lot of new info. I started the study.com course, but as I said in my other post, it is so slow it'll take me forever to get through them and I need to speed it up here.

I'm open to any suggestions for study sheets, links to helpful lists, etc.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:Any hints on preparing to take the Med Term TECEP?

I've read that it's relatively quick, but it's been many many years since I took the in-seat course, and I don't do much in the traditional medical field, so it's a lot of new info. I started the study.com course, but as I said in my other post, it is so slow it'll take me forever to get through them and I need to speed it up here.

I'm open to any suggestions for study sheets, links to helpful lists, etc.

There was a link for a really really great online free med terms class that was a perfect fit. I'm having a hard time finding it, but I'll keep looking.

I spoke too soon! LOL

Here it is: https://www.dmu.edu/medterms/
cookderosa Wrote:There was a link for a really really great online free med terms class that was a perfect fit.

Here it is: https://www.dmu.edu/medterms/

Thanks! I'll check it out Smile
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Updating with my thoughts on this Med Term TECEP. First of all I studied for many hours, with study.com and the DMU site Jennifer posted and STILL had questions I wasn't expecting.

I think it's definitely designed for an adult with real-life experience (or someone who has grown up with a close family member with a medical condition) as multiple questions had to do with psychology (know types of drugs, treatment schools of thought, types of meditations, etc), and some other questions that were surprising to me in that they seemed more general and not terminology. Also, if you plan to take this one, be able to *use* the terms, not just know the definitions. The DMU course was easy and fun, but there is no way it would have prepared me for this TECEP if I hadn't had lots of adulting with multiple medical issues.

I passed with a 93%, and enjoyed all my reviewing because so much of it is practical in everyday life, however I wouldn't want to take this TECEP again Wink
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Congrats on the 93%! Great job.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Congrats on the 93%! Great job.

Thanks! It was hopefully a good way to get my odd credit (for the 16 residency credits). Smile
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Thanks for sharing this info. I am taking this exam the end of July. Is there any other study resources people have found to be helpful?
How long did you study for this? I've taken a large number of sociology/psychology exams and substance abuse. Think I can cram it in 36 hours?? Smile

Mamasaphire Wrote:Updating with my thoughts on this Med Term TECEP. First of all I studied for many hours, with study.com and the DMU site Jennifer posted and STILL had questions I wasn't expecting.

I think it's definitely designed for an adult with real-life experience (or someone who has grown up with a close family member with a medical condition) as multiple questions had to do with psychology (know types of drugs, treatment schools of thought, types of meditations, etc), and some other questions that were surprising to me in that they seemed more general and not terminology. Also, if you plan to take this one, be able to *use* the terms, not just know the definitions. The DMU course was easy and fun, but there is no way it would have prepared me for this TECEP if I hadn't had lots of adulting with multiple medical issues.

I passed with a 93%, and enjoyed all my reviewing because so much of it is practical in everyday life, however I wouldn't want to take this TECEP again Wink
Mamasaphire Wrote:Updating with my thoughts on this Med Term TECEP. First of all I studied for many hours, with study.com and the DMU site Jennifer posted and STILL had questions I wasn't expecting.

Super helpful feedback, thank you!
katiejo85 Wrote:How long did you study for this? I've taken a large number of sociology/psychology exams and substance abuse. Think I can cram it in 36 hours?? Smile

I don't think cramming is going to be all that helpful, but it's worth it as a last resort. Go for it!
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,852 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,090 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,234 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,937 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 18,282 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,804 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,369 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 2,037 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,614 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,793 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill