Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Easiest Dantes ?????
I need to take 4 Dantes test of general electives to finish my BS. I only need general electives so any will work. Have already taken "Race to Save the Planet". What would be the 4 with the least amount of study time to take. By looking at other post i assume "Heres to your Health" is the easiest. Any info very appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Intro to Law Enforcement, and Ethics in America are easy. Good luck!
wbharness Wrote:I need to take 4 Dantes test of general electives to finish my BS. I only need general electives so any will work. Have already taken "Race to Save the Planet". What would be the 4 with the least amount of study time to take. By looking at other post i assume "Heres to your Health" is the easiest. Any info very appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Intro to Computing is by far the easiest for those with even a mildly technical background. Technical writing was easy for me, but I do a lot of presentations and business emails daily. Law Enforcement would probably be the one I would call the easiest if you didn't have a halfway decent computing or writing background. It's really interesting - yes you have to study, but it's a lot of fun and if you've ever watched a police drama or reality show that you enjoyed, it will come quickly.

Not sure that I would call Supervision easy... well, it is, if the material doesn't bore you to death. Lots of common sense stuff if you've ever been in the biz world. I didn't really study for it, but I had also taken Management and Org Behavior already.

What you consider 'easy' will depend greatly on your background. I think that Environment & Humanity, Race to Save the Planet is probably one of the easier science tests, but I still had to study and learn quite a few new things. Here's to Your Health is also considered easy, but if you've never had a high school health class, it could also be a challenge. I personally found Substance Abuse to be relatively easy. My DS passed it when he was 15, but that's because we're both interested in the subject matter.

Hope this helps.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I thought Personal Finance was a lot of common sense info too. It didn't require a tremendous amount of studying in my opinion.
Testing CreditsALEKS- Beginning Algebra, CLEP Intro Psychology, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, CLEP Info Systems & Computer App, CLEP Intro Sociology, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, DSST Environment & Humanity, DSST Here's to Your Health, DSST Organizational Behavior, DSST Personal Finance, DSST Substance Abuse, DSST Supervision
Class Credits
English Composition 1, English Composition 2, Nutrition, Intercultural Communications, Introduction to Business, US History 2, College Algebra, HR Management, Professional Selling, Consumer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Statistics
Thanks for the info. Dont care to study for the test, just want the easiest ones for general electives. Thanks again
wbharness Wrote:Thanks for the info. Dont care to study for the test, just want the easiest ones for general electives. Thanks again

If you don't want to study then I would think that you'd have to go with Technical Writing.. I doubt that any of the others could be taken cold unless you've already studied overlapping topics.

BTW, studying for a Dantes isn't all that bad Wink You take a few hours of your time maybe for a few days in a row and then learn something. If you do a decent job of learning the topic, you save a full semester of classwork. It's not as bad as it sounds and it sure beats taking course!!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Yeah studying is the fun part. Plus you can impress your friends and coworkers with witty banter about GDP deflators and Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Lol... besides if studying for a few days to get three quick credits isn't something you want to do, college might not turn out to be the best experience for you overall. Getting credits for DSST is pretty much the fastest way to get college credit, but it isn't usually effortless in spite of how easy "testing out" sounds.
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
My 19 year old son passed Public Speaking and Technical Writing with no preparation. I passed Technical Writing with no preparation.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
ryoder Wrote:Yeah studying is the fun part. Plus you can impress your friends and coworkers with witty banter about GDP deflators and Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
Or you can annoy your wife with interesting facts learned while studying, like I do. She is supportive of my return to education but is tired of hearing about what I've been studying. Wink
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,209 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,980 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,116 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,690 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  easiest way to earn a degree from home...? gingermama 14 3,504 07-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Easiest calculus exam? udi 8 3,098 06-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Easiest way to get electives?? studyandpass5 9 2,053 05-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DANTES removed civilian pass rates from website? greencouch 4 2,282 08-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: greencouch
  Easiest way to satisfy 3 unit math requirement Excelsior? rab889 6 2,192 03-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Easiest History Exam MollyUniversity 6 2,966 11-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: MollyUniversity