Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2017 Pass Rates
The newest CLEP pass rates were posted. The DSST rates are by quarter and then by test taker type, someone with more free time than me can merge those 8 sets of data. BUT, here is CLEP! It's worth noting that MANY of the "easier" exams were refreshed in 2015 and their pass rates went from very high back then to VERY low now.

http://www.dantes.doded.mil/examinations...zPmCF.dpbs

In ranked order from highest pass rate to lowest pass rate

Spanish 92%
College Composition 83%
College Composition Modular 81%
French 81%
Principles of Marketing 74%
German 73%
Sociology 73%
Info Systems and Computer Applications 70%
Human Growth and Development 69%
College Math 68%
Precalculus 65%
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 64%
Intro. Educational Psychology 61%
Princ. Macroeconomics 60%
Princ. Microeconomics 59%
Biology 59%
History of the US I 58%
Western Civilization I 57%
Humanities 57%
Intro. Psychology 55%
Natural Sciences 53%
English Literature 52%
Calculus 51%
History of the US II 50%
Social Science and History 49%
College Algebra 47%
Intro. Business Law 46%
Western Civilization II 45%
Princ. of Management 44%
American Government 42%
Financial Accounting 41%
American Literature 39%
Chemistry 29%
Wow. A&I Lit is now at 64%. and American Lit is only 39%. I'm super nervous about these now.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
These are always good scores to have a base to run off of. The updates on A&I Lit and American Lit are showing some significant percentage drops over the last year. I always get a kick out of the Spanish results, one would think, even non native speakers could easily pass that test!! Smile
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(12-15-2017, 03:52 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: These are always good scores to have a base to run off of. The updates on A&I Lit and American Lit are showing some significant percentage drops over the last year. I always get a kick out of the Spanish results, one would think, even non native speakers could easily pass that test!! Smile

I'm going to guess that this is not one of those tests that people who aren't fairly fluent would even attempt.  So, the reason that the pass rate is so high is because the only ones who take it are people who know they can pass.

I always recommend it to my friends who are native speakers, and never recommend it to those who aren't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • indigoshuffle
These are currently only the military pass rates, right? (I didn't see 2017 Civilian Pass rates posted yet, but I could be missing it.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Pursuing BA in Communications at SNHU (Started July 2017)
☆CLEP☆ A&I Literature 68 | College Composition w Essay 73 | American Government 68 | US History I 72 | Social Science & History 61 | Information Systems 76 | Principles of Marketing 69 | Principles of Management 67 | Psychology 61 | Sociology 61 | Humanities 57 | Educational Psychology 70 | Biology 60 | Natural Science 72 | ☆DSST☆ Environmental Science 457 | Human Cultural Geography 466 | Principles of Supervision 435 | Introduction to Business 457 | Principles of Public Speaking 450/PASS
On the flip side, many of the former bottom 10-20% pass rates ones are higher.

American Government 42% use to be 10% not that long ago Sad

It looks like they are getting slowly getting rid of the two extremes (10% and 90% exams)?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(12-15-2017, 03:52 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: These are always good scores to have a base to run off of. The updates on A&I Lit and American Lit are showing some significant percentage drops over the last year. I always get a kick out of the Spanish results, one would think, even non native speakers could easily pass that test!! Smile

I don't know....German seems worth learning ;p
(12-15-2017, 08:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I don't know....German seems worth learning ;p

Did my wife call you?? Wink

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 2 users Like RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • cookderosa, Life Long Learning
I might be missing something crucial here but why are some of the civilian pass rates (provided in the link) so much higher than the rates in the OP? I was a little worried when I saw the first set of numbers, as I'm planning on taking the CLEP for US Lit, US Gov, and English Lit but after seeing the rates on the link I'm thinking maybe I don't have to worry too much about immense amounts study time. Anyone know why the discrepancy?
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
Since the testing fee is waived or reimbursed on the first attempt for the military, it is not uncommon for many of the attempts to be taken with zero prep. In comparison to a civilian who has money and time to lose, it's a better example of a traditional student who has studied the material prior to the exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Those Super Low College Admissions Rates Can Be Misleading LevelUP 0 726 04-25-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Highest and Lowest Divorce Rates by Occupation sanantone 14 2,221 09-04-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation for Men and Women sanantone 0 341 09-01-2022, 11:02 AM
  College dropout rates gams007 9 960 05-01-2022, 08:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,065 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Graduation Rates for Popular Online Colleges sanantone 17 2,118 07-17-2021, 05:14 PM
  Like To Know simple Way To Pass Western Civilization MidtownNYC 2 1,462 07-29-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  in 2017 I gave up on this before I even started. Now I'm serious, but I need help. David.Hamad 21 3,297 05-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  "Pass Your Class" website BobaFett2010 13 2,841 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Modern States Pass Rate quigongene 5 2,253 08-30-2018, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Life_One