Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 tests done in 4 days
I just walked out of the testing office after having completed four exams. I completed three exams last Wednesday, two exams the Wednesday before, and one more the week before that. Plus, I took nearly all of these tests cold. I took one or two of the practice tests for a few of the exams, but other than that, no studying.

I didn't intend this post to sound like bragging, so I apologize if it does. Here's what I have taken so far:

Human Growth & Development (CLEP) 61/50
Information Systems & Computer Applications (CLEP) 60/50
American Government (CLEP) 50/50 (close call!)
Introductory Sociology (CLEP) 60/50
Introduction to Computing (DSST) 432/400
Principles of Supervision (DSST) 58/46
Personal Finance (DSST) 422/400
Here's to Your Health (DSST) 433/400
Introduction to Law Enforcement (DSST) 59/45
Criminal Justice (DSST) 409/400 (another close call)

Next week I'm planning to take Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management and General Anthropology.
That is quite a run. Keep up the good work and Congratulations!!!!
Joel Felberg Wrote:I just walked out of the testing office after having completed four exams. I completed three exams last Wednesday, two exams the Wednesday before, and one more the week before that. Plus, I took nearly all of these tests cold. I took one or two of the practice tests for a few of the exams, but other than that, no studying.

I didn't intend this post to sound like bragging, so I apologize if it does. Here's what I have taken so far:

Next week I'm planning to take Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management and General Anthropology.
>>

Good job! What degree are you working on?
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Good job! What degree are you working on?

I just finished an AS-LA (area of focus-music) and am transitioning to the BS-Communications degree plan (emphasis-public relations).
The comm. degree requires 33 credit hours, so my plan is to only have to take those 33 credits, which, coupled with military training credits, as well as credits I have earned through classes so far and CLEP/DSST should satisfy all of the requirements.

I believe that if I can take 2 or 3 of the upper level DSST exams in addition to the 3 I'm planning to take next week, that will be all I need except for the comm. major requirements.
Wow! That makes me feel better.
Goal - BA in History at Thomas Edison State College

Taking War and American Society and Liberal Arts Capstone at in August semester.

Information Systems and Computer Applications - 66
English Composition with Essay - 56
Freshman College Composition - 68
Analizing and Interpreting Literature - 67
Civil War and Reconstruction DSST
Vietnam War DSST
Intro to World Religions DSST - 470
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union DSST
Western Europe since 1954 CLEP
Sociology DSST
Social Sciences and History CLEP
Sociology CLEP
et. al.
Joel Felberg Wrote:I just finished an AS-LA (area of focus-music) and am transitioning to the BS-Communications degree plan (emphasis-public relations).

The comm. degree requires 33 credit hours, so my plan is to only have to take those 33 credits, which, coupled with military training credits, as well as credits I have earned through classes so far and CLEP/DSST should satisfy all of the requirements.

I believe that if I can take 2 or 3 of the upper level DSST exams in addition to the 3 I'm planning to take next week, that will be all I need except for the comm. major requirements.
>>

That sounds awesome! All the best to you!!
Good job! I feel like I could have passed a lot of them cold as well, but didn't want to take the risk. I'm guessing you are able to take them for free. Keep up the good work.
wow, you daredevil you! Big Grin

so what's your major? which school?
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
Joel Felberg Wrote:I just walked out of the testing office after having completed four exams. I completed three exams last Wednesday, two exams the Wednesday before, and one more the week before that. Plus, I took nearly all of these tests cold. I took one or two of the practice tests for a few of the exams, but other than that, no studying.

What the $#%&*!:eek:
That's freaking outstanding. So what's your excuse for not having a degree yet? You're making me feel slow, I take a test or two every other month.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
now that is impressive!
TESC BSBA - Computer Information Systems December 2008
Passed CLEPs:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Introductory Business Law
Principles of Financial Accounting

Passed DSSTs:
Principles of Statistics
Principles of Finance

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In 35yrs & <30 days I Can Almost See the Finish Line (Accountability/Gratitude) studiousimp 7 2,609 08-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: studiousimp
  Does TESU typically take 25 days to review transcripts? collegechick 31 4,396 02-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Newbie needs advice on TESU degree-- after reading through these boards for days ! BingCherry 12 3,191 02-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: BingCherry
  Completed 12 Straighterline Courses in 30 days! contactmail 46 5,132 10-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Use of instantcert study guides for other tests? (SL, Saylor etc.) TESUAbroad 3 1,260 09-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Last Post: TrailRunr
  Need guidance, combo traditional and tests possible? Catalytic 14 2,821 09-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Catalytic
  30 Credits in 40 Days... Advice in Finishing the Rest CamXoai 4 1,503 08-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP / TESC tests + courses while living in China....? John Yingling 20 3,751 02-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Bearduke
  Quickest diversity, Civic, and Ethics classes/tests to fulfill TESC degree? Peter123456789 22 2,527 12-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: JohnnyHeck
  Just getting started. Confused on whether to take the tests first or apply to TESC. exzellent 5 1,420 09-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Last Post: dfrecore